Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Delusional Thoughts- Please Help  (Read 314 times)

Offline petalzz

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Delusional Thoughts- Please Help
« on: March 22, 2014, 01:35:05 AM »
Hi, everyone

So recently, about two days ago, I started having what I believe to be delusional thoughts. I work as a courtesy clerk, and yesterday as I was doing carts, I could have swore I heard a homophobic slur coming from the radio of a passing car. I automatically asked myself, "Did that radio just call me a *insert slur*"? Immediately there after though, I was able to tell myself that I was being silly. That's the difference here, I don't believe the thoughts but they just pop into my head at random times. To be honest, they scare the crap out of me because I fear that I may be going schizophrenic...

Has anybody else ever experienced this or know anything about it? Thanks so much ahead of time for your time.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kconnors

• Rec's: 57
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Delusional Thoughts- Please Help
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 06:46:48 PM »
I haven't had that experience . . . could it be that you think that someone might have called you that slur and you are having a difficult time addressing that issue? Does this happen often? Are you experiencing any kind of unusual or even usual stress?

I am not a professional but I think that you don't have to fear schizophrenia . . . but you would need to chat with a professional to put your mind at ease . . .

I am sure there are others here on the forum who could provide you with more insights, so check back again . . .take care, kc
Bookmark and Share

Online CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 07:07:52 PM »
Hi, it could be that what came from the cars radio just sounded like slur, I mean it's possible that you heard it incorrectly.  It would be delusional if you truly believed it did happen, but you are saying you 'thought' you heard it, not that you definitely did.
Bookmark and Share

Online e77

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 07:26:47 PM »
Delusional is when you do not challenge your notion and accept it to be true. That's not you.  Best wishes.
Bookmark and Share

Offline petalzz

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 02:02:07 AM »
Thank you all for answering. Yes, I've been under an unusual amount of stress lately because this is all very new to me. Just over a month ago, I was fine, then all these symptoms hit me like a train... out of the blue. You can understand why I'd be frightened and stress.

Thanks again for answering, y'all.
Bookmark and Share

Offline SummerSun41

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2014, 02:47:12 AM »
In my experience with anxiety (which really started Sep/Oct of last year), I've come to realize that what we fear the most makes me hypersensitive to anything that has to do with that fear. For example, I fear depression and have had intrusive thoughts of harming myself (TERRIFYING), so I'm always on "high alert" for any signs that I'm secretly depressed and I constantly monitor my moods. I don't like reading, hearing, or seeing anything negative because I fear it will make me sad, then depressed. Sounds stupid because sadness is a natural, even healthy emotion, but I fear it because I fear it becoming permanent! I end up overanalyzing everything and worrying so much about how I'm reacting to things and if it's appropriate or forced or real or anything like that. It's pretty weird and scary. And to top it off, it's given me some derealization and existential anxiety too. Thankfully it's not too bad though! So since we're so sensitive to things we fear, try not to give it much attention. That will only make it worse. When you have an anxious thought, just gently push it out of your mind and remind yourself that it is only anxiety and it doesn't have to control you. :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: