Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: I think I'm getting better  (Read 375 times)

Offline worldbeat99

• Rec's: 11
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I think I'm getting better
« on: March 22, 2014, 12:26:27 AM »
I've been dealing with GAD just this winter.  The worst winter in memory.  And I have to say in the past two weeks, anxiety has been less strong.
I've been doing a lot to make this happen -- physical exercise, buddhist chanting, meditation, deep breathing, affirmations, buspar medication.
And the weather's been gradually improving.  So yeah I'd say I've been improving in the last few weeks.

I wonder if anyone else out there feels they are also improving lately.  And how much do you attribute to your own efforts, how much to the weather improving.
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: I think I'm getting better
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 06:57:49 AM »
The start of spring and the brighter days can make a lot of people feel good about themselves. But I do think it might be a mixture of work you put in as well. Once you are feeling good, that is all that really counts. Just keep moving forward and enjoy feeling good.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Billiam

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 10:31:10 AM »
I too started having gad this winter and I blame it on the winter! On the nice days I have little to no anxiety! I tell myself soon as spring hits it'll be all good! But then I think what if it doesn't lol(my anxiety is a tricky girl)! But my doc is going to put me on meds and I'm going to start being more active and I take fish oil,multivitamins, and st.johns wort(will be stopping it). But I'm glad to hear you feel better and it's about positive thinking so keep it up!
Bookmark and Share

Offline worldbeat99

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 12:42:18 PM »
Cuch, thanks for the encouragement.  Yes, I've been doing a lot of work too that surely helps.  And spring is arriving.

Billiam, we should definitely talk.  You're the first person I met here whose GAD started in the winter and might have seasonal anxiety.
Let's keep in touch as springs arrives to see how things develop.  Feel free to PM me.  Have you had any other anxiety issues in the past?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Billiam

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 05:11:26 PM »
I think I've had gad for sometime now when I sit and reflect on different times in my life. But never like this. We will def stay in touch as spring comes and hopefully after to!
Bookmark and Share

Offline HopefulAmy81

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2014, 01:41:39 PM »
I just recently developed horrible anxiety in the past month.  To the point where I would think about it and bam anxiety. mornings are worse and also being alone.  I started Buspar 3 days ago and I can honestly say I am also feeling better.  I am also coming to learn what is triggering the anxiety and how to calm myself down.  sometimes are worse then others.  But I will say I have far better moments in the past few days (since starting buspar) than I do bad.      Since you are also on Buspar do you feel a difference?  I am on 5mg twice a day.  I take it at 9am and 9pm.  Is this medicine that will continue to make me feel better each day by building up in my system?
Bookmark and Share

Offline jane134

• Rec's: 35
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2014, 03:52:38 PM »
Sounds like SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder), but i am no Doctor! If my mood did differ with different seasons, i would definitely look into it though. Sadly my anxiety is pretty much the same all year round!!  :laugh3:
Bookmark and Share
In order to fly, you have to unload the stuff that weighs you down.

Offline worldbeat99

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2014, 03:58:16 PM »

Amy, this is kind of cool.  Sounds like you , me and Billiam all have GAD that seemed to start this past winter.
Let's keep in touch as spring warms things up to see if our anxiousness was seasonally triggered.

I'm on 15 mg Buspar. Started 2 weeks ago.  I take 7.5 mg 6am and 6pm.  I can't really tell if I feel a significant kick in yet.
But I'm optimistic as i tend to be a good responder to meds..

Jane, sorry your anxiousness is year young.  Is there any medication or therapy that has been helpful to you?
Bookmark and Share

Offline jane134

• Rec's: 35
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2014, 04:01:30 PM »
I had CBT therapy a couple of years ago, and it helped. Self help books have also been a great help. I know i could be doing a lot more to help myself in all honesty, but we're going through a pretty stressful time right now, so i'm just getting through each day best way i can at the moment. I know it can and will get better, and i try not to let it dictate what i can and can't do!  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share
In order to fly, you have to unload the stuff that weighs you down.

Offline Billiam

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2014, 04:14:33 PM »
We had a nice weather day and I was out shooting ball with the kids and talking to neighbors and didn't have one slice of anxiety! As it got darker and cooler it came back lol but also has me optimistic about the spring time!
Bookmark and Share

Offline HopefulAmy81

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2014, 06:26:45 PM »
Maybe you are right!  Let's definitely keep in touch and see if weather improves our anxiety and moods.  I hate winter.  With a passion.  LOL I am definitely an outdoors person.  Love to fish, hike,walk, camp, beach.  So sitting in the house with it being so cold really alters my mood.
Bookmark and Share

Offline worldbeat99

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2014, 11:22:41 PM »
Okay, it's a deal.  We'll watch and see how April affects our GAD.
Bookmark and Share

Offline worldbeat99

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2014, 03:21:05 AM »
I've been on buspar for almost three weeks.  Though I wouldn't say I felt a dramatic shift, I would say I've felt a subtle shift.
The anxiousness doesn't feel like an emergency.  And my past two weeks have been pretty smooth and productive.
Have recently upped my does from 7.5 mg a day to 15.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Momee

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2014, 03:08:47 PM »
It always inspiring and great to hear when someone starts to feel better! I am really happy for you :)
So you didn't ever end up taking the Effexor? I think in another post you were asking about it. I'm glad the Buspar is working (didn't work for me in the past), because Effexor is crazy to get off of, I will never try to get off it again.....but its the only medication that has ever helped me so I'm sticking with it. I hope Buspar continues to help you, and best of luck :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline worldbeat99

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2014, 09:20:24 PM »
Hi Momee, 

No I didn't take Effexor.  I was already taking fluoxetine and lithium for bipolar 2.  The doctor thought the buspar would be a good complement to the fluoxetine.  I'm looking forward to a fuller kick in over the next three weeks.  So far so good.  Glad Effexor works for you.

I also enjoy posts of people who are improving since that's inspiring.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: