Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: My Anxiety Symptoms  (Read 248 times)

Offline JayBay87

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
My Anxiety Symptoms
« on: March 21, 2014, 10:59:14 PM »
Hello, I am new here. I am here to talk about the tarable symptoms I have experienced the last 8 months.
Every day I feel lightheaded and spaced out, it makes driving very scary. It is so hard for me to focus on anything. I tell people around me what I am experiencing and they think im crazy. It is very hard to fall asleep and when I do it is very easy to wake me. I wake up and it feels like my body is trembling. It makes it very hard to fall asleep when your muscles are jerking all over the place. I almost all the time have a headache. My body aches from head to toe. I feel like im by myself in this world, everyone else around me seems to be enjoying life when I have to deal with these crazy symptoms. I get so tired when I drive especially later in the afternoon.  I go to bed tired and wake up tired. It is something new every day. I would like to know if anyone can relate to my story. Any advice would help.

Thank You
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: My Anxiety Symptoms
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 07:02:25 AM »
Derealization is what you are going through. That spaced out feeling. No magic cure for it. It happens and can just vanish all by itself. You could try distraction to see if that helps. As for trembling, not something I have ever felt. But hundreds of people get this. More just a case of telling yourself that you are in full control of things. Learn how to breathe in the correct way. So you can keep yourself nice and calm. Bit like telling your body that you are the boss. That you will always win. Once you take back that control things might just settle down for you.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline NinjaKitty

• Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 08:02:49 AM »
Hi there, So sorry tohear your symptoms are giving you hell.

Sleep is a major problem for most people with anxiety you either cant get enough or you get none at all, Insomnia is evil. As for the inner tremors feeling like your trembling or shaking i get that all the time especially when when my anxiety is interfereing with my sleep, in times like that i make sure i have a nice warm bath before bed some camomile tea (no sugar just a tiny bit of honey of you like it sweet) and make sure my room isn't hot or too warm just comfortable and i do relaxation exercises in bed (tense and relax starting from my toes right up to my shoulders while doing breathing exercises) this seems to help with sleep (i also take medication for sleep but i prefer then non medicated sleep).

As for the derealization cuch is right it comes in waves there isn't a cure for it but it can be managed through therapy i.e mindfullness or CBT these types of therapy can help the thoughts and weird feelings so maybe look into that.

I hope some of this helps a little bit. Keeping a sleep diary and keeping to a sleep routine is a good way of  regulating your sleep, making bed time more relaxing than anxious. No harm in giving it a go and if you still feel its giving you issues talk to your Dr, phsychiatris/psychologist/ therpist about it (thats if you have a pdoc). but talking about it and letting the emotion out is definitly key to keeping bedtime a safe happy place than a worrying one,

Good Luck stay well and I hope you feel better soon

Kitty xx
Bookmark and Share
Currently surfing the anxiety waves!!
Current Meds
5mg diazepam 3xdaily
45mg mirtazapine at night
10mg Nitrazepam nightly
sumatriptan (doses vary)
Naproxen 300mg 3 x daily
Buscopan 20mg 4x daily
Lanzoprozol 30mg daily
Trazadone (dose varies)

Offline JayBay87

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 09:01:13 PM »
Thank you for the advice,  I have felt better the past couple days. Like you said being strong and in control is key. I think talking to people that actually understand will help me as well.

Thank You
Bookmark and Share

Offline NinjaKitty

• Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 05:19:01 PM »
Your so right, speaking to and getting advice from people who can totally relate to how your feeling helps big time, feel free to ask any questions on any aspect of your anxiety and im pretty sure anyone will be ale to help or relate in some way. Stay strong, sta focused and as I always tell myself..

I HAVE ANXIETY............. THE ANXIETY DOES NOT HAVE ME..........I AM IN CONTROL........IT DOE NOT CONTROL ME.

good Luck xxx
Bookmark and Share
Currently surfing the anxiety waves!!
Current Meds
5mg diazepam 3xdaily
45mg mirtazapine at night
10mg Nitrazepam nightly
sumatriptan (doses vary)
Naproxen 300mg 3 x daily
Buscopan 20mg 4x daily
Lanzoprozol 30mg daily
Trazadone (dose varies)