Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Worried about mom!  (Read 512 times)

Offline Caribou

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Worried about mom!
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2014, 10:07:07 AM »
I don't know why I worry about it so much when it's not even me who's having the problem.

But today I asked her again how she felt, and she said that the back pain is gone, and the achy feeling is gone, but she said that she was really tired.  I asked her how she slept and she said that she didn't sleep really well last night.  She has had sleep problems for 20+ years now, so that wasn't surprising.  But, I asked her if it felt like a normal tired or exhausted tired and she said exhausted.   :fragend005:

She also told me that she had a little bit of stomach problems this morning.  I keep pushing her to go to the doctors and she says "they'll say that nothing is wrong and send me home."  I'm really sorry for my constant posting about my mom, and I really do thank everyone for their input.    :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 15
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2014, 11:08:47 AM »
You feel like you just have to ask and know, right?? I SO understand!
But...you are going to make your mother into a hypo like you are and then you will be sorry  :spineyes:
I speak from experience!  I do that with my husband and daughter, "Is it the same kind of pain like you always get?" - "How long did it last THIS time as opposed to last time?"  "Is it a sharp pain or a dull ache?"  And on and on.   Now I have them BOTH nuts.  :(
ALL my husband does now is fixate on things and ask me to google them!  Before we had the computer (pre 2002) my daughter would look things up in a Merck manual and come in my room at night with tears in her eyes (she must have been about 11!) because she was convinced she had a blood clot or she's having a heart attack - at 11 years old!  Oh lordy what HAVE I done...   (don't do it Caribou)  I know you care and are worried, but your mom knows her body and what's normal for it.     
Bookmark and Share

Offline Caribou

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2014, 11:30:48 AM »
I was able to let go of nagging my mother about her health.  I simply asked her how she was feeling, and she said she feels fine now.  I asked her how her back was, her whole body, if she was tired, etc.  She said she feels a lot better, but I don't know what caused the problems she was having for a few weeks.

Could it be something serious that comes and goes?  I am much more relaxed that she feels a lot better, and thanks again for putting up with my constant worry.   :spineyes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 15
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2014, 01:14:13 PM »
Serious things don't come and go.   They continue to worsen.
And now MY back is sore!  LOL!   It started after I did leg presses at the gym!  Feels like sciatica due to it being on the side and in my butt cheek.  Once you hit our age (I'm 55, you said your mom is 56) your back can't "take" as much as it could at a younger age - even at age 26 my DAUGHTER has problems at times!  Backs are very easily hurt.
We don't feel like we are "putting up" with anyone here, we all like to think we are easing minds because we know how much distress the worry causes.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: