Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Blood results  (Read 584 times)

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
Re: Blood results
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2014, 11:04:51 AM »
Pregnancy can give you crazy hot flashes. Even if you were having night sweats before, that doesn't mean it's not the pregnancy now.

You need to actively seek intensive assistance for your anxiety.
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Offline Allytiel90

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2014, 11:38:03 AM »
And why shouldn't I be seeking answers for my ridiculous night sweats? Wouldn't it best to address that foremost since it's destroying my quality of life?
Bookmark and Share

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2014, 02:02:32 PM »
And you think your obsession with having lymphoma isn't?
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Offline Brooke2288

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2014, 04:43:41 PM »
I recently went through this exact same thing with prenatal blood work. I am 35 weeks pregnant with twins and I had a CBC done around 22 weeks that showed my WBC was 10.8. I freaked out....Every lab has different normal ranges and was told 10 was the high end of normal so the fact that mine was .8 above normal had me so scared. I also have a huge lymphoma fear. My doctor said the normal range is not accurate for pregnant women and that your WBC is often elevated when you are pregnant. This eased my mind some. I also had a CBC done one month before I was pregnant and my number was 4.5, so the fact that it went up so much had me scared...but it is obviously from the pregnancy. There's a lot going on in your body when you are pregnant!
Bookmark and Share

Offline deckeromega

• Yeezus
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2014, 05:02:47 PM »
Hey Ally, I would like to address your concern about itchiness.  Your brain is simply causing that, it's your anxiety nothing more
I'm 15 and have bad anxiety and wake up a lot real sweaty.  It's just your anxiety, you have mentioned two of the 7 most common
symptoms of lymphoma.  You mention itchiness and night sweats, you did not mention anorexia, weight loss, fever, fatigue or dyspnea.
I would say go to your doctor and address your concerns and tell her about the itchiness and the nights sweats.  One other thing, I
bet you got itchy reading this didn't you?  Just like if somebody talks about lice your head gets itchy.  It's nothing more than you over
thinking and worrying.  I'd say you just need to address your concerns and try to calm down.  That's all, and think about it doctors
want your money, if they would've seen lymphoma as a possibility they would'be jumped all over it, and started treatment ASAP.
They aren't just all money hungry but they definitely could gain a marginal profit from treating you for lymphoma.  I hope this helps
I have some worries of my own, but I think we truly know deep down inside just how ridiculous these worries are right? (;
Bookmark and Share
It did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2014, 07:11:56 PM »
And why shouldn't I be seeking answers for my ridiculous night sweats? Wouldn't it best to address that foremost since it's destroying my quality of life?

It's anxiety that's destroying your life.  Anxiety can and does night sweats.  Our brain manifests insane symptoms.  All of your tests are normal, the Drs have told you over and over and over again that you're fine.

You need to seek intensive therapy.  I hate to pull the pregnancy card but I'm going to.  You HAVE to stop this for the baby.  All of this is not good for a developing baby.  I beg you to get therapy.  Please!!!!!!!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2014, 07:51:39 PM »
There's a simple explanation for the increase of your WBC from 6.6 to 8.9. You're pregnant, and when your pregnant your WBC increases because your body is protecting two individuals now, not just one. I'm actually surprised it's not higher! You have nothing to be worried about girl, and just for future reference, it might increase even more as your pregnancy goes on. This is NORMAL! I'm a doula - sort if like a midwife, but not. Feel free to PM me anytime if you need to ;-)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Daisy55

• Rec's: 9
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2014, 08:33:20 PM »
Maybe ask your dr. about the night sweats if any relation to being pregnant.
And bpadilla49 sounds like she will be a good help of questions. 

Congratulations and hope you find peace to enjoy being pregnant.  It really is an amazing miracle of life to enjoy each day.
Bookmark and Share
You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.   
John 8:32

Offline Allytiel90

Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2014, 08:58:18 PM »
My OB doesn't think my night sweats are hormone related or she says I wouldn't have gotten pregnant. Also my thyroid keeps checking out ok. I'm running out of benign explanations here. Thank you so much for all your replies. It really means a lot.
I forgot about the WBCs increasing during pregnancy.
I feel like after 5 months anxiety wouldn't be causing me to sweat to this extent. I had 3 sweat free nights a few days ago. I was so happy. I felt like maybe it was finally gone and I was free and could think about living. Then I sweat really bad a few nights later. Break over :( if I could just explain the sinking feeling I get when I wake up all uncomfortable and wet and sticky. It doesn't soak my clothes but thy are damp and my pillow is wet at times. It never soaka my sheets but where my back was has been slightly damp. Sonetines I change my shirt cause I don't like feeling damp. It's just upsetting to not get a good nights sleep like everyone . :( I wake up sweaty multiple times. Id seriousky rather have a newborn all the time than wake up all the time due to night sweats. I just need then to stop, before I can accept I'm healthy. I honestly cannot envision me having another child. This pregnancy I don't believe is real. I'm 8 weeks now. Still haven't told family. I still feel so unsure about my life, if I'm going to make it I don't see me living healthy and having  another healthy baby. Even my doc says it's not normal for me to be having night sweats, yet he can givd me no answers. I think I will be afraid as long as I'm night sweating. It's my most terrifying symptom  :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2014, 09:02:12 PM »
The night sweats will go away when you treat their cause…anxiety.

I'm trying my best to be helpful to you but I see that I can't anymore.  I wish you the very best and hope you decide to treat your anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Allytiel90

Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2014, 09:08:50 PM »
Hey Ally, I would like to address your concern about itchiness.  Your brain is simply causing that, it's your anxiety nothing more
I'm 15 and have bad anxiety and wake up a lot real sweaty.  It's just your anxiety, you have mentioned two of the 7 most common
symptoms of lymphoma.  You mention itchiness and night sweats, you did not mention anorexia, weight loss, fever, fatigue or dyspnea.
I would say go to your doctor and address your concerns and tell her about the itchiness and the nights sweats.  One other thing, I
bet you got itchy reading this didn't you?  Just like if somebody talks about lice your head gets itchy.  It's nothing more than you over
thinking and worrying.  I'd say you just need to address your concerns and try to calm down.  That's all, and think about it doctors
want your money, if they would've seen lymphoma as a possibility they would'be jumped all over it, and started treatment ASAP.
They aren't just all money hungry but they definitely could gain a marginal profit from treating you for lymphoma.  I hope this helps
I have some worries of my own, but I think we truly know deep down inside just how ridiculous these worries are right? (;

No I  do not have those other symptoms that you mention, nor do I have large swollen nodes. I am not stupid however and do know that there are many nodes deeper in your body that can't be felt, such as the chest.  I've seen my GP over and over about my itchiness and night sweats and I bug him so much he says he will let me see an oncologist if it brings me peace of mind. He has run all the tests he can, ultrasound of abdomen, chest X-ray, lymphoma marker test, lymph node exams every time i come in. He doesn't seem to be worried and keeps saying he really doesn't think I have it. This might make me feel better exept he has no answer for what is actually wrong here and causing the night sweats!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Allytiel90

Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2014, 09:11:28 PM »
Falcon I am working on treating it. :/ lexapro and I'm back in therapy on Tuesday
Bookmark and Share

Offline deckeromega

• Yeezus
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2014, 09:20:33 PM »
No I  do not have those other symptoms that you mention, nor do I have large swollen nodes. I am not stupid however and do know that there are many nodes deeper in your body that can't be felt, such as the chest.  I've seen my GP over and over about my itchiness and night sweats and I bug him so much he says he will let me see an oncologist if it brings me peace of mind. He has run all the tests he can, ultrasound of abdomen, chest X-ray, lymphoma marker test, lymph node exams every time i come in. He doesn't seem to be worried and keeps saying he really doesn't think I have it. This might make me feel better exept he has no answer for what is actually wrong here and causing the night sweats!!

Yes, I know it's very scary being told nothing is wrong, but I and many other people seem to think it's just your anxiety.  I would recommend
seeing a psychologist probably not a psychiatrist.  They'll give you Benzo's and SSRI's that could mess with the baby,  I don't know for sure.  But a Psychologist
could help you rationalize your thoughts and use logic to sort out your worries.  Because if you look at you've had every test in the book
and he's still not finding  Lymphoma right?  You're increase in WBC you're a pregnant woman of course they'll increase.  I just think you need
to get to a psychologist and they'll be able to get you back on track.  But you need to fix this soon because it can't be good for the baby.  Best of luck, and
keep me updated. (:
Bookmark and Share
It did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.

Offline Allytiel90

Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2014, 09:29:10 PM »
I'm actually seeing a psychologist now who specializes in Cognitive Behavior Therapy. My GP is the one who prescribed the Lexapro, and my Obstetrician made sure it's safe for me to take during pregnancy, which it is. I'm on a 10mg dose. For me the benefits far outweigh the risks. When I found out I was preg I tried to get off for a few days because I hadn't spoke to my doc yet, and I was a blubbering, shaking, sweating mess in her office. She told me get back on ASAP. Next time she saw me she said I seemed much better. I was still worried but the lexapro grants me much more control.
Bookmark and Share

Offline deckeromega

• Yeezus
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2014, 09:33:57 PM »
I'm actually seeing a psychologist now who specializes in Cognitive Behavior Therapy. My GP is the one who prescribed the Lexapro, and my Obstetrician made sure it's safe for me to take during pregnancy, which it is. I'm on a 10mg dose. For me the benefits far outweigh the risks. When I found out I was preg I tried to get off for a few days because I hadn't spoke to my doc yet, and I was a blubbering, shaking, sweating mess in her office. She told me get back on ASAP. Next time she saw me she said I seemed much better. I was still worried but the lexapro grants me much more control.

Okay, that's good you're doing just about everything I can help you with for now, but I'd say the Psychologist should help.
I've only had two sessions and it's already helping, I still worry sometimes but not as frequently.  I'm finding more joy in life
and less sleepless nights.  Just stick with it and keep us updated. (:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: