Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Blood results  (Read 680 times)

Offline Allytiel90

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Blood results
« on: March 21, 2014, 02:45:22 PM »
So I had a full CBC recently at my prenatal appt and they called me and said everything was in normal range except my vitamin D was low. Today my OB called and thought it would make me feel  better to go over every number on my test since I was so worried when I saw her the first time. Well, it kind of had the opposite affect. As she was reading off all the numbers, yes everyhting was in normal range, but when she told me my WBC number, it was 8.9 with their high range of normal being 12. This worries me that the lymphoma I fear is starting to fear is showing in my blood because it's taking over. I should add I went to the GP a few days ago for clearing my throat a lot and he found my nose and throat were inflamed from allergies. Don't know if that would play a role :/. Ugh I was happy when I just heard they were normal but now I'm nitpicking the numbers apart!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Allytiel90

Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Blood results
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 03:27:52 PM »
People are reading this and running. Please respond! Do I have good cause to be worried as I believe ?
Bookmark and Share

Online Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 03:37:45 PM »
a HIGH white blood cell count is cause for concern, not a lower one!  Seems like your number is great!
And so many people are lacking vitamin D these days because of the media's obsession with sun screen.  People aren't getting enough sun these days. (sun on bare skin helps the body absorb vitamin D)
The only thing "taking over" is your anxiety.  Now stop it  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Allytiel90

Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 03:42:54 PM »
I think 8.9 is too close to the high range of normal! 7 months ago my WBC count was 6.6 :/
Bookmark and Share

Online Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 03:47:22 PM »
It's basically between 4 and 12 - so you are smack in the middle.  it WILL fluctuate, your body isn't a machine.  It's like if you have your glucose checked, sometimes it will be (I'm going by ME), 82, the next time it may be 99.   The blood numbers don't stay static.  I was once 102 after a fasting glucose check (and I am NOT diabetic, never was).  Blood pressure fluctuates from minute to minute, red blood cell counts will fluctuate.   your number is great - your doctor would have mentioned it if anything was off.  (I always look at my numbers and if I'm smack in the middle I consider that "perfect"  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Daisy55

• Rec's: 9
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 04:19:53 PM »
A dr. once told me that WBC varies as at any given time our body may be fighting off something even if we don't feel anything.  And at that momenet of blood draw it can vary.
Also, Just being nervous at a blood draw can affect numbers, or so I read about. 
Bookmark and Share
You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.  
John 8:32

Offline Allytiel90

Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2014, 04:43:46 PM »
So 8.9 is pretty elevated? If it's elevated even in the normal range should I be concerned?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Daisy55

Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2014, 04:53:37 PM »
If it was a concern your dr. would have said something.  If you can freely talk with her, ask and say you are concerned.
Your throat being inflammed from allergies was your body sending out white blood cells to increase to try to right the allergan reaction. 

I look at my blood work and think it should be just perfect number, so I do understand your thoughts.
Bookmark and Share

Offline eva1227

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2014, 04:59:12 PM »
You are fine. It is completely normal. That is why it is in the normal range. Blood test results will always vary in that normal range at any given time. As far as the vitamin D is concerned, I just came back from Walmart where I picked up vitamin D! So many women have vitamin D deficiency. Let this go. You are fine!!!

Eva
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2014, 06:54:19 PM »
Ally…I'm honestly not sure how else to comfort you at this point.  EVERY single test and exam you've had is normal.  There is nothing to fear.  What you have is anxiety, not lymphoma.  What is it going to take to make you feel better?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Allytiel90

Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2014, 07:01:15 PM »
Well this evening my legs are uber itchy. Lymphoma makes you itchy!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Daisy55

Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2014, 07:09:01 PM »
Dry skin, recently shaved.   Anxiety can feel itchy too.   And it could be you are focused on all the symptoms of Lymphoma and the mind is so powerful it can manifest them in the body.
My wbc was 8.2 in the ER once.   And they didn't say it was bad.  And even when they referred me to a neuro, she didn't mention the wbc either. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2014, 10:58:55 PM »
If it's in the normal range, then it's normal. It doesn't matter if you're high normal or low normal. All that matters is normal. Even if you were a couple points high or low, still not a big deal. Those numbers fluctuate all day, every day. Seeking reassurance constantly will only help you in the short term if it even helps at all.  You have to find a way to move your life forward. You're pregnant and need to relax, and you have every reason to. You do not have lymphoma.
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Online patmob

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2014, 07:23:32 AM »
Normal is normal so what would you have the doctor do?  Seriously.  You have normal blood work readings so what exactly is it that you would like your doctor to do in this situation?

Know what else makes you itchy?  Dry skin.  Put some lotion on and see if that helps.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Allytiel90

Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2014, 07:52:15 AM »
Just woke up and I sweat pretty bad last night. I woke up all damp. Undies, upper legs, shirt amd hair was damp. I was starting to feel better about the night sweating cause the past few days it had stopped or become a lot less. Now it's kicked up again. :( will it ever end?? Will I ever know what's causing this? It screams lymphoma at me!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: