Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Tomato skin???  (Read 233 times)

Offline Ihadcancer

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Tomato skin???
« on: March 21, 2014, 12:44:12 PM »
TMI so beware:

I'm always constipated and hadn't gone much at all since late last week.  Last night I had raisins and then Triskets so had numerous BM's this morning.

The first one had something orange reddish on the toilet paper. I did rub the paper together and it didn't smear but more rolled up.  I jumped up and looked in the toilet where everything else was just a golden brown, threw in the paper and flushed.  Wrong thing to do. I should have investigated better.  I've had about 6 BM's since then and all are the same golden brown with no other bits and pieces of the orange stuff. 

I had tomato paste on Wed. but it was a cheap canned brand and I think it was pretty smooth. Monday night I'd had a huge Zaxby's salad with lots of tomatoes.  I can't chew really well because I've lost 3 molars to chemo.  Saturday I had Mexican food with tomatoes but now we're talking almost 5 days for that to be working its way out.

I had a colonoscopy in late December so am not concerned about colon cancer but this has really freaked me out today! 

I'm sure my anxiety is super high because I have my 6 month PET scan on April 11th.

Bookmark and Share

Offline hamsterswheel

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Tomato skin???
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 12:59:45 PM »
I checked my stool yesterday and it had tomato skIn in it!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 01:00:49 PM »
I am positive it was tomato skin.   That happened to me with lima bean skin!  Some things don't digest and come out - like have you ever gotten whole kernels of corn in your poop?? 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ihadcancer

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 01:19:09 PM »
Thanks guys.  I was thinking it had been a long time in my system but then, since I've only gone a couple small bits in almost a week it would take that long to get out. 

I'm sure you're right. Shucks, I've had probably 6 more BM's since then (Triskets and raisins WILL clean you out) and no other stuff.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 02:02:22 PM »
Most people wouldn't know this, but since I'm a hypo I DO know - my stools are five days behind.  I go pretty hard all the time and I guess things are backed up constantly.   Are your stools on the hard side?
Bookmark and Share

Offline vardnas

• Rec's: 94
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 02:40:30 PM »
I'm sure you know this, but I'd recommend NOT examining your BMs so thoroughly. I know it's a favorite collective pastime of ours, but, like in your case, finding things in there causes our attempts at reassurance to backfire more often than not.
Bookmark and Share
In case anyone is still confused:  googling your symptoms will cause you to remain in a state of extreme anxiety. Stepping away from the internet is the first step toward lasting peace.

Offline Ihadcancer

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2014, 03:05:30 PM »
I work really hard at trying to have a bm every day but once I miss a few days, it's pretty dry/ hard.

I don't know why I looked at the toilet paper. I try to do nothing that would open a door to my HA.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ihadcancer

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2014, 03:49:25 PM »
It could have even been a tiny bit of blood mixed in with the loose stool and smeared on the toilet paper.  I do have roids and sometimes get a tiny split when I've been straining for days. 

I've let this ruin my whole day! 
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2014, 07:27:59 AM »
Get more water and fiber into your diet and it will help with being more regular.  A good way to do both at once is drinking a big glass of water with Metamucil once a day - side benefit is that it will help reduce your cholesterol as well.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: