Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Anxiety is back at it again!!  (Read 113 times)

Offline Anxiousmind77

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anxiety is back at it again!!
« on: March 20, 2014, 07:18:58 PM »
Ok so I have been having a hard time the past week. It started off w a headache that lasted like a full week. So of course I started to get really worried and started researching about bt and other illnesses. Of course that made it 100 times worse, it seems I never learn when it comes to googling! So anyways I started to think what if I have a bt? And what if I start losing touch w reality because of said bt? The other night I was laying down to go to sleep and it seems like I was like pre dreaming, like just made up scenarios or convos going on in my head. This seems to be a common occurrence with me which has never bothered me before but now of course I'm driving myself crazy over it. Since then my headache has subsided but now I'm thinking what if I am schizophrenic or have some other mental disorder I'm not aware of. When I am fully awake none of this happens its just right before I fall asleep for like a split second unless I wake myself up and then it might happen again. So I guess my question is, is this normal? Do other people experience this? Anxiety sucks and it seems like once I start the pattern of letting my anxiety take control it just spirals out of control :( any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.
Bookmark and Share

Offline SummerSun41

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety is back at it again!!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 10:30:22 PM »
You'll be glad to hear that weird/scary/random/strange thoughts before going to sleep (and sometimes right after you wake up) is EXTREMELY common- even for people without anxiety disorders! I actually have this sometimes too. It mostly comes when I'm worried about getting enough sleep or being tired. Try listening to a sound machine, downloading a "sleep sounds" app if you have a smartphone, or finding a soothing sounds video on YouTube that is very long and letting it play while you sleep. That way you can listen to the sounds you're hearing instead of weird thoughts. Don't worry, you're not going crazy either- normal people don't worry about going crazy.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Anxiousmind77

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 12:17:25 AM »
Hey! Thanks a lot! I appreciate you replying and reassuring me! Anxiety gets the best of me at times. I hate it! Its like I get soooo worked up and there's no going back at that point. So frustrating because when I'm doing better I think to myself " why were so worked up about so and so anywAy" but when I'm in the midst of it, it's terrifying. Tonight I'm going to try and just chill and not dread it. If it happens it happens, if not then that's fine too. I'm def. going to download some sleep sound apps tonight. Thank a lot!
Bookmark and Share

Offline SummerSun41

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 01:18:55 AM »
Oh I totally know what you mean about wondering why you were even anxious in the first place! For example, today I kept really busy and honestly didn't even have time to worry or be anxious about anything, and it was great! Sometimes our anxiety tricks us into thinking too much and overanalyzing every little thing that the ordinary person wouldn't even bother about, and it makes us anxious! So I totally get it and know how it sucks. Try to wear yourself out during the day and stay busy- it'll help with your sleep and anxiety, too. Glad I could help! :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: