Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Anxiety & Exercise  (Read 242 times)

Offline Equalizer

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anxiety & Exercise
« on: March 20, 2014, 03:01:10 PM »

I was wondering if this went with anxiety or could be some other issue, if this has happened to anyone else, let me know.

So I've been lightheaded for about five months now with no end in sight. I've been to the hospital three times now, all saying nothing was wrong. These are all new symptoms for me if it comes to anxiety. Anyway here is my question.

I know you're suppose to ear healthy and exercise to relieve the symptoms well I exercised today (just a jog for about 30-45 mins) afterwards I put my glasses on and all of a sudden it was hard for me to keep my eyes open and my symptoms all seemed to increase. When I turn my head it is hard to focus on something new.

Anyone else? Help me put my mind to ease?
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety & Exercise
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 07:24:25 AM »
The way I view such problems for people is that they link the feelings with anxiety with the feelings of exercise. Think about it. Anxiety can make your heart beat faster. Exercise can make your heart beat faster. Anxiety can make you breathe heavier. Exercise can do the same thing. So the mind might be getting a little confused. Mixing the feelings up. Instead of saying the feelings have come from exercise it might be thinking ' I feel like this with an anxiety attack '. Case of telling yourself it was just the exercising that has you feeling as you are. Nothing else at all. In a few moments you will calm back down. A lot of people have the same problem.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline redpa18t

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 09:14:17 AM »
I completely agree with Cuchculan here. My mind tends to attach the adrenaline rush of exercise to anxiety as well. I just have to remind myself "you just got your heart pumping faster, nothing to worry about." Then move on to the next thing.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Equalizer

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 03:57:56 PM »
A little update for you all. I exercised yesterday and this morning I woke up and the room was spinning and my nose was plugged.
Bookmark and Share

Offline JayBay87

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 10:20:49 PM »
I know what you are going through and it can be very scary.  I have delt with the whole lightheaded and spaced out feeling for the past 8 months now. I have these feelings all day every day know matter what I am doing. I have been to the doctor many times now and the doc says it is from hyperventilating.  The funny thing is is that I do not feel like I am hyperventilating at all. I had blood work done and everything came back perfect. I do not understand how anxiety can cause all of these crazy symptoms. It makes you think that something else is wrong.
Bookmark and Share

Offline NinjaKitty

• Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2014, 08:15:09 AM »
it could quite possible be absoloutly nothing to dowith exercise or the anxiety, if you woke upthe following morning with spinny head syndrome and a bocked up nose it could be your getting a cold or a snius issue??

Just to reiterate what Cuch said when we exercise our body does what anciety does Heart rate goes up breathing gets heavier adrenalin rushes..........when we get anxy our heart rate foes up our breathing becomes irritated and  the adredallin rushes due too fight or flight.

Maybe you should look into doing some form of different exercise that focuses on breathing such as yoga, pilates, tai chi all help tone your body but also help with inner peace. It's definitly worth a try.

good Luck stay well

Kitty
Bookmark and Share
Currently surfing the anxiety waves!!
Current Meds
5mg diazepam 3xdaily
45mg mirtazapine at night
10mg Nitrazepam nightly
sumatriptan (doses vary)
Naproxen 300mg 3 x daily
Buscopan 20mg 4x daily
Lanzoprozol 30mg daily