Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Lump in neck. Was calm until this happened  (Read 156 times)

Offline Jt23

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Lump in neck. Was calm until this happened
« on: March 20, 2014, 12:17:46 PM »
I got myself composed after constant lymphoma worry. Doctors felt it and said it was nothing and I convinced myself it felt at or just below 2cm which would be slightly large but normal. It hasn't grown. Well I was accepting that. My girlfriend had a cyst on her wrist. It felt like a tiny little green pea. She got a MRI done and it comes back and says 3 cm cyst... Well now I'm worried. Mine is tree times the size of what I felt on her and is only half an inch to 3/4 of an inch. If hers was that tiny and still 3 cm how big is mine :/
Bookmark and Share

Online Sunlover

• Rec's: 15
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Lump in neck. Was calm until this happened
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 12:25:24 PM »
Did your grow since the doctor felt it and said it was nothing?  If not, then what difference does it make what size it was?   You have to go by the doctor and what he said after he FELT it.  There are different KINDS of cysts. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jt23

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 12:35:22 PM »
I should've been more clear. He told me he thought it was a lymph node which worries me. It hasn't gone down after a year.
Bookmark and Share

Online Sunlover

• Rec's: 15
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 12:46:32 PM »
I've been reading posts on this site a lot - and many people have had swollen lymph nodes for years and have gone to doctors and they have no problems and their doctors had said that can definitely happen (if you have allergies, that TOO can swell lymph nodes - that's what a doctor told ME years ago)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lililanny

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 04:13:40 AM »
I have 3 enlarged nodes in my neck. Every time I go to the doctor, for other things, I still always ask for themvti be checked. Each time I am told the same thing....that they are nothing to worry about, they are not growing, they move, they feel jelly-like rather than rock hard. I was at the doc just yesterday and had them checked again. These nodes drive me demented with worry! But I've had about 4 gp's check them and have been told the same thing each time. I don't want to keep chasing for more opinions. I need to accept what they have all said now at this point. They all also said that a lymphoma node would be blatantly obvious almost immediately! Try to relax and accept what your doctor has told you.
Bookmark and Share
Hypochondria is the only disease I haven't got - Graffito

Tags: