Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: something everyday.....  (Read 176 times)

Offline naynaydevil2

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
something everyday.....
« on: March 20, 2014, 11:05:17 AM »
Iv'e struggled with GAD and hypochondria for years now. I see a psych who is working with different meds to help me out.

Anyway, I just want to know if anyone experiences anxiety all day everyday....for example-- always feel tense muscles and stiffness, racing thoughts, complete worry over nothing, intrusive thoughts that im going to die soon ... these are the symptoms i feel everyday-- others come and go. can anyone relate with these symptoms?

It really interferes with my life sometimes. I know I need to seek therapy... definately CBT, I just have to fit it into my busy schedule.
Bookmark and Share

Offline redpa18t

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: something everyday.....
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 12:49:23 PM »
When I think about your last statement it seems a bit ironic to me.

"It really interferes with my life sometimes. I know I need to seek therapy... definately CBT, I just have to fit it into my busy schedule."

Basically what this says is that the stress of my life (anxiety), interferes with my stressful life. One thing that I am learning is how to eliminate unneeded stress from my life. One example for me was, instead of staying up later during the week and waking up later, only to run around the house like a mad man trying to get kids ready for school and get my self out the door, I've started going to bed earlier and therefore waking up earlier allowing more time to get ready in the morning. Eliminating the stress from struggling to even get my day started. Now when I wake up, I feel like I can "ease" into the start of the day more relaxed with a lot less pressure.

Also be sure to allow yourself time to relax during the day. Nothing is more important than your mental health. Take time each day to relax, meditate or enjoy a hobby. No job, no appointment and no issue is more important to you than your health is. Take the pressure off of yourself to get everything done at one time. In the end, it's not really that important normally.
Bookmark and Share

Offline naynaydevil2

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 03:02:23 PM »
yes, i totally agree that health comes before everything, but when you have 2 kids, a full time job and a gym membership its sooo hard!

people make it work everyday though, so im sure i can too. It's about time management.

Does anyone wake up with the same or different physical ailments of anxiety everyday?? Ive had tense muscles in my neck, back and head with headaches going on for weeks. So bad that the Dr gave me muscle relaxers, i hate to have to take them.
Bookmark and Share

Offline redpa18t

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 09:07:57 AM »
yes, i totally agree that health comes before everything, but when you have 2 kids, a full time job and a gym membership its sooo hard!

people make it work everyday though, so im sure i can too. It's about time management.

Does anyone wake up with the same or different physical ailments of anxiety everyday?? Ive had tense muscles in my neck, back and head with headaches going on for weeks. So bad that the Dr gave me muscle relaxers, i hate to have to take them.

By no means was I trying to imply that it was easy, or that you were doing something wrong. I am a father of 3, full time job and kids in sports also. I fully understand how difficult it is to find the time to do anything for yourself.

I suffered from a strained muscle in my pectoral area and pretty bad pain in the shoulder pain area at the onset of my anxiety. Definitely a result of keeping my upper body tense and stiff. It has since subsided and I know use it to understand when things are reaching that "too stressful" point in my life.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: