Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Small lump on my head, causing me some distress...  (Read 148 times)

Offline Andrew90

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Small lump on my head, causing me some distress...
« on: March 19, 2014, 09:22:23 PM »
So I'm a fellow sufferer of both GAD and Health Anxiety, and have previously had some level of cardiophobia. I have gotten over much of that though, but very recently I've noticed a small but tangible lump on my head, not far from my scalp. When I run my fingers through my hairline, I can feel the lump. It hasn't caused me any pain or headaches or anything, and I've only discovered it a few days ago. I'm not sure how long I've had it for, but part of me is thinking "brain tumor" while the other part of me is thinking that it's probably just a cyst, which my father tells me it very most likely is, and that it's nothing to worry about. I have yet to see a doctor about it, but I am going next week to see my internist for an annual checkup, and will mention this to him.

What I'm wondering is if any of you have been in my shoes before with regards to this situation, and have perhaps had a lump on their head and had their health anxiety get to them. I'm kind of wishing I had never discovered this lump, because it's causing my health anxiety to ramp up. I've been focusing on it quite a bit, though I'm not having panic attacks over it.

Anyhow, any input or experiences that any of you can share would be greatly appreciated.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Andrew90

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Small lump on my head, causing me some distress...
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 10:06:05 PM »
I would also like to note that I am a 23 year old male with no history of significant health issues.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 40
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Small lump on my head, causing me some distress...
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 01:55:57 AM »
I can't quite envision where it is on your head, but if you can feel it, it's not a brain tumor.   
Bookmark and Share

Tags: