Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: swollen lymph node under jaw  (Read 162 times)

Offline dontfeellikemyself

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
swollen lymph node under jaw
« on: March 19, 2014, 11:48:13 AM »
Hi guys,

Yesterday I touched my neck under my jaw and felt a bit of pain, almost like a bruise although there was no bruise there. Today it still hurts and upon further inspection, I feel a pretty large swollen lymph node inside. Now I am freaking out. When I look in the mirror I can also see it slightly bulging out of my skin.

I'm not otherwise sick, so where is this coming from???
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ryze

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: swollen lymph node under jaw
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 12:31:15 PM »
Could be a bacterial infection. Most people that post about it have some type of sinus infection along with it. Myself included. Although mine doesn't hurt I am able to feel the node under my chin on the right side but not on my left. Been to the doctor 3 times about my sinus infection in the last 2 months and they said they didn't feel any swollen nodes. If I didn't happen to accidentally put my hand there I never would of even noticed it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline dontfeellikemyself

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 12:34:02 PM »
Thanks for the reply, Ryze. I think what worries me most is that I am not presently sick (with sinus infection or anything else that I can think of). Also, this node is quite noticeable and palpable--it's almost the size of a grape.

Hoping this will go away on its own, but it's kicking my anxiety into high gear.  :fragend005:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ryze

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 02:17:28 PM »
Neither am I. I don't feel congested nor any of the other symptoms I had while I had my sinus infection. The only things I'll still get at the moment are headaches at the back of my head which seem to be tension headaches along with some neck pain, as well as a little ear clogged feeling here and there. I can't remember off the top of my head but I've read somewhere that lymph nodes can stay swollen for up to a month after an infection.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: