Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Pregnancy-related Question  (Read 117 times)

Offline MilSpouse

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Pregnancy-related Question
« on: March 18, 2014, 08:16:11 PM »
Got a huge surprise yesterday when I found out that I am apparently pregnant! I have a doctor's appointment in about a week and a half, but I've been having pretty regular cramping for about the past week. The cramps are not overly painful (more uncomfortable), there's no bleeding and it kind of comes and goes throughout the day. This is a first pregnancy for me (zero knowledge and experience here), and I've been reading mixed messages as to whether cramping is normal at this point. Can anyone with pregnancy experience tell me if I should be concerned?

Thanks in advance!
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Pregnancy-related Question
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 08:33:19 PM »
Hello there! I am a doula (sort of like a midwife, but not).

Cramping CAN be normal, it can also be abnormal. This is what I would do - drink a TON of water - we're talking a gallon here - seriously. Drink, drink, drink!!!

If the cramping continues, call the doctor and tell them that you have an appointment scheduled for next week, but you're experiencing cramping and would like to be seen today (tomorrow).

IF, however, you start bleeding - go to the ER. No joke. I know we're supposed to talk you out of going to the ER on this forum, but if you have bleeding or even severe cramping, go to the ER. Better safe then sorry.

Let me know if you have any more questions as I'd love to be a resource for you!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline xxAmyxx

• Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 08:35:56 PM »
I would try to relax (easier said than done I know!) and make sure to drink lots of water. I had bleeding in the early stages of both of my pregnancies and have two healthy kiddos now. Take it easy.  :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline MilSpouse

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 08:42:44 PM »
Thank you guys! There is so much info out there - it's hard to tell what's good information, and what's just someone's opinion :)

I really appreciate it! I'm going to drink water like crazy and see how it goes!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Chantelle

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 11:24:46 PM »
Is the cramping really low down? I had cramping on and off for about a week when I first found out I was pregnant and it was totally normal. I'm on my second pregnancy and had the same thing again. Things are stretching and getting ready as baby starts to form. Congrats!
Bookmark and Share

Offline kmm110

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 11:35:21 AM »
I'm 10 1/2 weeks pregnant right now and experienced period-like cramping from weeks 4 through 7 or so. It felt like I was going to get my period any minute. Everything I read online said it's normal!
Bookmark and Share

Offline MilSpouse

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 01:40:23 PM »
Y'all have definitely helped ease my worries some :) And the water seems to have helped a great deal, too. Still having some minor cramping, but it's much less and I think most (if not all of it) is more digestive than anything now. Thanks for sharing wisdom and experience!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: