Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Appartment Problems  (Read 80 times)

Offline EsotericNonsense

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Appartment Problems
« on: March 18, 2014, 06:07:26 PM »
I'm having some issues with my apartment complex. My lease is up and I don't want to renew it because I have outstanding maintenance issues. I didn't get this taken care of earlier because I was avoiding making a decision, because I would at some point have to decide whether to look for a new place or sign another year long lease. I feel as if I should have gotten this apartment crap taken care of months ago, and at this point I've gotten to the point where I'm forced to make a decision and I still don't know what I want. I can afford to go month to month financially but if I feel as if I shouldn't do that unless I know I'm going to move. And I feel that even if I don't like my current place I don't have enough energy to go apartment hunting right now which is the reason I was putting this crap off in the first place.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Appartment Problems
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 06:58:17 AM »
Hard call to make. But one you know, deep down, that will have to be made at some point over the coming weeks. There will be no avoiding it. If you hold off you will simply be put on the spot by the landlord. Be made give an answer there and then. Weigh up your options. Do you like where you are living? Apart from some issues with the place. If so address these issues with the landlord. That you like the place but there are some issues that have not been resolved. If he sorts them out, which I assume is his job, you will be willing to stay. If not that you have to start looking for a new place. As you don't want to get dumped out of one place when the time is up and have nowhere to go.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline colorlessideas

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Appartment Problems
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 10:31:53 AM »
I have gone through apartment hell before. It may be a lot of effort to look for a new place, but the pain it saves you in the long run is worth it. I have found the reviews on apartmentratings.com to be reliable if there are enough of them (assuming you live in an area with lots of apartments). The people that go to the effort to review are either very happy or very unhappy, so it tends to give you an accurate picture.
Bookmark and Share
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.

Tags: