Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Wal-Mart Wrong Count, Wrong Dosage, Paranormal activity 4  (Read 256 times)

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
Wal-Mart Wrong Count, Wrong Dosage, Paranormal activity 4
« on: March 18, 2014, 12:59:32 AM »
I'll get to the movie part shortly.

SOO... Let's recap on last month.

One month ago I had my prescription filled at walmart for Zoloft and Clonazepam Generics... It took forever and them doing my insurance was just a pain in the butt.

Considering I walked in and didn't call it in (new prescription) I decided to wait it out as I was told it was only going to be 30 minutes.

4.5 hours later I got my Zoloft and 3 out of 60 of Clonazepam (I took a partial)

That left me with 57 to pick up the next day... and as I did.

I noticed on the bottle it stated (Qty: 57 Refills: 1) and I brought it to the attention of the pharmacist who, rest assured, said that it will be my regular 60 refill when I came in in a month (today) for my refill. I had her re-print the prescription bottle label to state the correct amount and put a refill, that in which she hand wrote that there was 57 on there.

Knowing I've had issues with walmart, I called over to our local Albertsons which is really close to where I live... And set up a profile and had my prescription transferred to them, and they had it filled within a couple of hours.

I went to go pick it up, insurance took it fine and what not... and I asked the technician...

Me: What's the Quantity?

her: (looking at the label) 57.

Me: The prescription was for 60. This is my refill, you might want to double check.

-----------

Pharmacist brings me over the faxed document from the Walmart pharmacist that stated on there, handwritten (57 needed Refill: 1) and signed.

Albertson's Pharmacist: It looks like you picked up a partial, which leaves you with this 57.

Me: Last month I picked up I gave them my prescription for 60 with 1 refill. They only had a partial until the next day. I picked up 3 that day and the other 57 tomorrow. I told them that this was not going to be a problem next time I came in.

a little back and forth, the pharmacist began to believe me...

Pharmacist: I believe you, I'm going to change it and just add another 3 in there. But I'm surprised your insurance accepted this for being early, as this looks to be a 40 day supply...

Me: It's only a month supply. 2x a day for 30 days would be 60.

And she pointed at the label that Walmart gave her...

The label read: (1/2 tablet [.25mg] morning 1/2 tablet [.25mg] 1/2 [.25mg] Hour of sleep..

Me: That's completely wrong, that's not how it should read.
Pharmacist: This is exactly what they faxed me (again, showing me the paper)

I refused to take the medication, and I told her...

Me: If it's not a bother, I can wait on this medication, if you could get a hold of wal-mart and have them fax you a copy of the actual prescription note as well as a copy for myself.

She said that wouldn't be a problem.

I came back a few hours later, with a brand new pill bottle, and the Pharmacist stated how they were completely wrong. She showed me the copied prescription note that stated 1/2 tablet morning 1/2 tablet at noon and a full tablet before bed, as well as 60 total. She tells me Wal-Mart is a bit of a mess with this and apologized. I thanked her for her time and she thanked me for bringing it to her attention and assured it wouldn't happen again through them...

I think I found my new pharmacy. lol.

I just got done watching Paranormal activity 4. It was pretty interesting but a HORRIBLE ending.
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Offline insights

• Rec's: 98
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: Wal-Mart Wrong Count, Wrong Dosage, Paranormal activity 4
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 02:01:56 AM »
She tells me Wal-Mart is a bit of a mess with this and apologized.

Yikes!!  :(

Though I'm not surprised. I've been having an email debate with a friend of mine about Australian salaries compared to in America, and he was excusing the lower rates U.S. hourly rates because they allowed employers to employ more workers than they really need, citing large companies like Walmart. Unfortunately, for his argument he picked the wrong example as it didn't take me too long to find they in fact have historically employed fewer workers than the industry average, and between 2008-13 actually cut their workforce by 120,000 while opening 450 new stores.  Shredding 11% of your already low workforce while enlarging the business by over 12% has to have consequences for service quality. Which might be acceptable if you're selling toasters, but not so good when it's medications.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 02:16:59 AM »
I must say, Ian... You are among the most knowledgeable I know.. and I have never even met you. It's always a privilege to read what you have to say, no matter the topic.
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Offline insights

• Rec's: 98
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 02:41:26 AM »
and I have never even met you

Those who have would probably agree that you are therefore very fortunate. They would probably be right. :winking0008:

Ian

PS:
You are among the most knowledgeable I know

:-* Trouble is I often know just enough to get me into trouble and not enough to get out of it. Sigh!
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline Abraham2007

• Rec's: 10
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 08:27:07 PM »

I think

you found LOVE.

besides, I love my MEDS!

My pills are 100% Real/Natural,
and Born and Bred in the USA!

Bookmark and Share
Quacks prey on us Anxiety Disorder sufferers as part of the Mental Health community, since we can be desperate for healing.  Don't be victimized, instead be EDUCATED about  QUACKERY!!!!! http://www.quackwatch.com/ 

Tags: