Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Worried Brain Tumor  (Read 277 times)

Offline stucharl2

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Worried Brain Tumor
« on: March 17, 2014, 05:46:55 PM »
Hi I am 21 YEAR OLD male and for the last 6 months have not been right. Firstly it started with a sinus infection, so the doctor said, although antibiotics didn't work. I've had severe brain fog for 6 months and has almost at one point stopped me from continuing university. I get strange not painful feeling in one spot of my head, left centre of head, partial lobe I believe, almost like a part of my brain is being pinched gently. This comes and goes and really worries me. I've also been twitching non stop all over for months, I've seen about 5 different doctor s and ha've all said anxiety, I have also been to the opticians 5 times and all said good. I went there because I have floaters and light sensitivity now and then. Lately I've been nauseous and worried stiff. I'm finding it so difficult to do what I'd normal y do, gym etc. Help please?Any one with similar symptoms or stories? Any facts  that will help me? I'm now on anxiety med, but I don't know if it's anxiety.

Bookmark and Share

Offline emily1994

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Worried Brain Tumor
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 05:15:44 PM »
Hi, I have had all of your symptoms. The sharp pain in my head in the same spot, floaters (which have nothing to do with your brain... it's tissue floating in your eye and your retina sees the shadow), light sensitivity (which also isn't related to the brain), brain fog, and nausea. I have had so many other symptoms that you wouldn't believe, but apparently I am fine. I had an MRI of my brain and went to the eye doctors multiple times.

Just so you know, when you go to the eye doctor's and they dilate your eyes and look behind them with that bright light, they see all those nerves behind your eyes and floaters, as well. When you have a brain tumor, those nerves swell due to the increased pressure in your skull caused by the tumor. I wouldn't worry too much, but if this really bothers you and disturbs your life, just go to the doctor's.
Bookmark and Share

Offline stucharl2

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 08:49:16 PM »
Thank you so much for your reply, I needed some reassurance. What did the Dr say about your symptoms etc? It's strange that I get these pains at the top of my head but yet I have floaters etc.
Bookmark and Share

Offline CrazyQuacker75

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 09:19:26 PM »
I think you an I had similar sensation, I had it twice for about two weeks each time, My doc thought it was a mix of anxiety, tensed muscles, and sinus issues rolled all into one. I think it was the most dreadful feeling I've ever had, I don't know why but it would slowly start to fade to the point where it was gone one day. I hope it never comes back, it was my most distressing symptom ever, To me it felt like something was jammed in that part of my brain or someone had removed it.
Bookmark and Share
In the race against myself

Offline CrazyQuacker75

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 09:20:30 PM »
also mine was in the same location but on the right side and it did eventually go away to clear things up
Bookmark and Share
In the race against myself

Offline emily1994

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 10:24:12 PM »
Don't worry about the floaters. They're totally normal and it's just in your eye, not your brain. Since no one could find anything wrong with me from all the tests I have had, they said it's anxiety. Also, people with anxiety are hyper aware of every sensation, making normal, random things seem like a huge medical issue.
Bookmark and Share

Offline chunkymonkey

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 02:38:38 AM »
OMG! finally someone who has the same symptoms as me!!! for the past month, i have been having eye pain, headache, dizziness, nausea, brain fog, eye floaters, twitching and also internal tremors. my doctor also said its sinus issues and prescribed me mucinex d and flonase. Ive been taking those for a week but im still having symptoms.. Im also scared that there is something wrong with my brain.
Bookmark and Share