Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Blood draw, now an itchy bump like a mosquito bite  (Read 149 times)

Offline wegngis

• Rec's: 17
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal Text
    • Poke This Member
Blood draw, now an itchy bump like a mosquito bite
« on: March 17, 2014, 11:20:19 AM »
Anyone have any experience with getting a little welt after getting a blood draw?  I had mine drawn about an hour ago, and now I've got a super itchy bump right where they drew it, like a mosquito bite.  It's a little weird as I've never had this happen before.  Any similar experiences would be appreciated!   :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.  - AnxietyZone member Sixpack

Offline AOKAY

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
Re: Blood draw, now an itchy bump like a mosquito bite
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 01:27:26 PM »
Not at all uncommon, at least not for me (and now you).
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 01:48:41 PM »
Anyone have any experience with getting a little welt after getting a blood draw?  I had mine drawn about an hour ago, and now I've got a super itchy bump right where they drew it, like a mosquito bite.  It's a little weird as I've never had this happen before.  Any similar experiences would be appreciated!   :action-smiley-065:

Don't scratch it, you skin is most likely irritated, especially in the healing process, even though it was like a microdot of a puncture. everybody's body reacts differently.

When I clean the fishtank, and have my arm on the edge of the top of the tank, just the pressure on there ( I don't even notice it at first ) causes a later itchy rash look, which results in these little bumps and a red spot, always in the same spot on my upper forearm. the welt may have been caused from you itchy it or aggitating it. I remember sticking a nicotine patch on the same location on my forearm (this was before the fish tank incident) and I pulled it off, hours later I had almost an alergic reaction looking thing, almost to the point I thought I was alergic to the adhesives in it, but the bumps and welts went away sooner after I quit dickin' with it.
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Offline wegngis

• Rec's: 17
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal Text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 06:22:58 PM »
Thanks for the input.  This wasn't simply a small bump, it was truly a hive that raised up.  I didn't scratch it or even touch it.  It stayed for a couple of hours, then receded.  I'm thinking I had an allergic reaction to latex or something.  Anyway, maybe somebody down the road will read this and take comfort that nothing bad developed.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.  - AnxietyZone member Sixpack

Tags: