Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: If only my fears skipped around  (Read 73 times)

Offline Allytiel90

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
If only my fears skipped around
« on: March 16, 2014, 10:48:57 PM »
I see so many posts on here that basically are titled, think I have MS today, or today I fear lung cancer. I only wish I had a fear that lasted a day or two, then moved I to sonething else. Then perhaps I could accept anxiety as my main issues. But I fear lymphoma and have for 4 and a half months. My fear doesn't change, never really goes away. I feel like I only get more symptoms. Now I keep clearing my throat constantly. For 3 days now. I have some mucous in my lungs that's hard to bring up. Anothe thing to point to and say, hey this fits into my lymphoma fear perfectly. I could very well have a chest tumor that has grown big enough since my last chest X-ray 3 months ago. There's no escape from my fear. Never a day off. I already take lexapro, I already have another therapy session scheduled. I keep seeing my GP over and over. Ultrasounds, X-rays, full labwork, even specialized blood tests checking for lymphoma markers. It's not good enough.i believe might sweats are serious. I'm seeing an OB now since I'm preg and had full CBC and metabolic panel run again and the only thing off was my vitamin D, which the nurse says she tells at least 6 pregnant women a day. I just feel like I'll never escape this hole until I'm so sick and dying it's too late. Then finally a doctor will listen to me. Only, it will be too late. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: If only my fears skipped around
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 10:58:04 PM »
How could the tests be missing it?  What is making you doubt them?  What will it take to make you feel better?

I know you said you continue to have night sweats but you realize that's normal for pregnant women?  I know you said it started before you were pregnant but there was a logical explanation then too. 

Bookmark and Share

Offline CrazyQuacker75

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 11:02:07 PM »
Honestly I'm one of those people who jump around,  just not as much as some others and honestly when I switching between different diseases it's hell because I still have that other disease I worry about, it's just on the back burner compared to the one I am worried about
Bookmark and Share
In the race against myself

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 11:09:14 PM »
Then finally a doctor will listen to me. Only, it will be too late. 

The doctors have listened to you. They've performed tests on you. They've told you that you don't have lymphoma. You are the one not listening, not them. Anxiety is a hard beast to battle, and you have to try all sorts of things, especially a lot of self coaching.

For 3 days now. I have some mucous in my lungs that's hard to bring up. Anothe thing to point to and say, hey this fits into my lymphoma fear perfectly. I could very well have a chest tumor that has grown big enough since my last chest X-ray 3 months ago.

How does that fit your lymphoma fear perfectly? That doesn't fit at all. A tumor in your chest isn't going to cause mucous in your lungs. Pregnancy can cause an increase in mucous, not lymphoma. Also, how do you know your lungs are full of mucous? It's possible that it's so hard to bring up because there really isn't much there.
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Tags: