Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Convinced I'm having a heart attack!  (Read 160 times)

Offline Caribou

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Convinced I'm having a heart attack!
« on: March 16, 2014, 09:59:32 PM »
For the past 4 days now I have had a weird feeling in my chest.  It comes and goes, along with a pain in my left arm.  I will have what feels like a shortness of breath, and then sometimes a pain on the bottom of my upper left arm.  Well it's happening again now and I am terrified.  I'm having that pain in one spot in my upper left arm on the bottom side, and a feeling of shortness of breath, and not necessarily chest pain, but a feeling of pressure.  It doesn't feel like the "elephant" as I have heard other people saying, but I'm really worried because it just came out of nowhere, and it's been coming and going.  I am 5'10" and weigh 135 pounds so I'm not overweight, BUT I eat a ton of junk food and have been doing so for over 5 years.

I try and eat healthy and it tastes good, but I get massive headaches because apparently my blood sugar crashes when I do so.  Anyway, I am terrified from this, and I'm only 20 years old.  I actually went to the doctor about this before and they performed an ECG on me and did blood work and everything was completely fine.  It almost feels like the pressure is in my actual sternum, and not deep...that scares me.  I'm sorry this is kind of long, and I thought that I was doing so well with my hypochondria.   :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline jayorz128

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Convinced I'm having a heart attack!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 10:13:47 PM »
A heart attack at 20 is pretty much unheard of not impossible but extremely rare. Have you noticed if you've been belching because you might have gas stuck in your stomach near your esophagus which is probably causing pressure underneath your sternum. Try drinking seltzer water or something fizzy like ginger ale it may have get rid if the gas if that's what it is. I have acid reflux and I get chest pains and pressure in my chest all the time from gas. Sometimes believe it or not I do get pain in my left arm when my acid reflux is flaring up.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiouskathie

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 210
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Convinced I'm having a heart attack!
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 10:17:05 PM »
That hypochondria is a real buggar!!!    You've taken the right steps and checked with a doc and nothing was found.  Try to do your best to find a good distraction whether it's a hobby or a good tv show.  You'll get through this!  I agree with jayorz that it sounds like reflux or gas.  Walking around will sometimes help the gas.

I hope you get past this soon and start feeling better!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: