Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Xanax to Lexapro & Klonopin and a couple of questions...  (Read 2358 times)

Offline comoso

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Xanax to Lexapro & Klonopin and a couple of questions...
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2014, 08:09:18 AM »
OK, The hunt continues.  My psych changed me to zoloft after so many headaches that I just couldn't stand it.  The weird thing is when I was weaning off of lex and onto zoloft... 3 days of taking 5 mg lexapro and 6.25 mg zoloft were probably the best 3 days I've had in months.  I'm not completely on 25 mg zoloft and yesterday was pretty anxious and woke up anxious this morning.  Yesterday was my first day on just the zoloft.  I'm so tempted to take 5 mg lexapro today to see what happens.  BUT, I'll stick with my Dr.s plan.  25 mg zoloft until I see him again in 8 days...
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• Easy on the sauce...
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • No matter how far down, You can always get out.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2014, 05:31:17 PM »
I'm just curious, how on earth do you cut your pills?

6.25mg of Zoloft and .375 of klonopin? That's got to be frustrating comos.
Bookmark and Share
Sometimes, when I'm home alone, I fill my bathtub with tomato sauce and pretend I'm a meatball.

Offline comoso

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2014, 07:23:29 PM »
It is a little.  But it's not too bad.  I have a pill cutter.  The Klonopin is simple.  Break it in half and then the 1/2 of the pill that has a 13 on it, I bite between the 1 and the 3...lol  .375 like that in the morning and then .25 at bed time, simple 1/2 cut.

The zoloft, that one was tough, but luckily I only had to do the 6.25 for 3 days.  I went to 12.5 for a couple of days and felt fine so I jumped up to the full 25 a few days quicker than I was supposed to.  I felt increased anxiety today and yesterday.  I just left walmart and was pretty freaked out being in there.  I'm hoping the new increase in anxiety is short lived.

Tomorrow will be 1 week of taking zoloft but only 3 days on the 25 mg. 

I do have a new question.  I've stayed away from caffeine so much and prior to this I was quite the adrenaline junky.  I would easily consume 400-500 mg of caffeine every day and sometimes more.  I've now literally went to hardly no caffeine for 6 months after this started.  I'm wondering if I should start reintroducing caffeine.  I mean, I think a lot of this anxiety stuff is lack of confidence.  I no longer feel empowered like I can run through a wall the way I did when I was working out and always amped up.
Bookmark and Share

Offline comoso

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2014, 11:47:56 PM »
Well, 2.5 weeks on Zoloft and I think it might be better for me than the lexapro.  I'm up to 50 mg the past 5 days.  25 at bed time and 25 in the morning.  Is it good to split the dose like that?  I'm wanting off the klonopin so bad, but I've taken benzos daily for 9 months since my anxiety was way out of control when this started.  Hoping zoloft just gets better and I can rid myself of the .125 at bed time and .5 in the am that I've been taking. 

.125 at bed time.  Do you think that's even doing anything?  Should I just try to drop that?  for starters...?
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 115
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2014, 01:17:36 AM »
Well, 2.5 weeks on Zoloft and I think it might be better for me than the lexapro.  I'm up to 50 mg the past 5 days.  25 at bed time and 25 in the morning.  Is it good to split the dose like that?

It is actually the best way of taking Zoloft (and most other antidepressants), however, doctors tend to discourage it because compliance then becomes an issue. People hate taking meds and the more times a day they have to take them the less likely they are to stick with it.

I'm wanting off the klonopin so bad, but I've taken benzos daily for 9 months since my anxiety was way out of control when this started.  Hoping zoloft just gets better and I can rid myself of the .125 at bed time and .5 in the am that I've been taking. 

.125 at bed time.  Do you think that's even doing anything?  Should I just try to drop that?  for starters...?

I don't know whether the 0.125mg dose is doing anything, but there may still probably be a reaction if you stop taking it. IMHO, you should delay this until you are well stabilized on an effective dose of Zoloft which will probably take another couple of months, and then begin slowly weaning off the Klonopin.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline comoso

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2014, 05:19:35 PM »
Thanks Ian, I actually fell asleep last night without taking my .125 and slept through the night until 430 am.  I woke quite a few times from then on and it was stuck in my head that I'd missed that dose.  I just tried to remove that thought and I slept until morning on and off. 

Here's the new thing.  For the past week, I've still been taking 2.5mg of lexapro as per my Dr's instructions.  Yesterday was my last one.  Today I feel VERY bad.  My ears are ringing louder than ever, I'm sick to my stomach and have a bad headache.  Are these the "flu-like" symptoms of SSRI discontinuation?  I never even thought about it until I was laying on the couch and realized today is my first day without lexapro.  I so didn't expect any difference so much so that it never even crossed my mind that was the problem until a few minutes ago. 

Just to catch everything up, I've been on 50 mg zoloft and 2.5 mg lexapro for the past week.  Dropped the lexapro and accidentally dropped the .125 night time klonopin yesterday.  I feel terrible today, need encouragement. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2014, 06:36:33 PM »
Yesterday was my last one.  Today I feel VERY bad.  My ears are ringing louder than ever, I'm sick to my stomach and have a bad headache.  Are these the "flu-like" symptoms of SSRI discontinuation?  I never even thought about it until I was laying on the couch and realized today is my first day without lexapro.  I so didn't expect any difference so much so that it never even crossed my mind that was the problem until a few minutes ago.

Lexapro has a longish half-life, plus you're also been on Zoloft for a while, so this is almost certainly not from Lexapro withdrawal, but is likely a psychological reaction from both the cessation of Lexapro and the missed clonazepam dose.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline comoso

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2014, 06:45:29 PM »
OK, So do I suck it up and not take the .125mg tonight and say I'm successfully down to only .5mg? 
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2014, 08:03:35 PM »
OK, So do I suck it up and not take the .125mg tonight and say I'm successfully down to only .5mg?

Down to 0.05mg. However, IMHO, you should wait until you are fully stabilized on an effective Zoloft dose before considering tapering off Klonopin. Altering doses of more than one med at a time often leads to confusion about which one is causing problems, plus you want to be settled psychologically before coming of the BZD. At the moment it is probably still carrying most of the load. Another month or two on Klonopin isn't going to make it any harder to discontinue.

Ian
Bookmark and Share

Offline comoso

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2014, 09:16:27 PM »
No they're 0.5 mg.  Am I on more than I thought I was?  I didn't know that a 0.05mg existed. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything