Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: (Another MS Post) Stressing Over Freezing Feet, less often Hands  (Read 205 times)

Offline AP151

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Stop just existing, live while you can!
    • Poke This Member
Every once in a while I notice my feet feel FREEZING cold. I double up on socks sometimes, doesn't usually work. I keep my house temperature between 69-73. I'm stressing because I just read that this was an early symptom for a lot of MS patients. The coldness is accompanied by other symptoms I mentioned in previous topics about my MS fears. This has all happened in the last toe weeks after I read about this.

Does anyone else get freezing feet when stressed?
Bookmark and Share
"To live is rarest thing in the world. Most just simply exist." - Oscar Wilde

"Don't take life so seriously, nobody makes it out alive anyway."

Online Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
Re: (Another MS Post) Stressing Over Freezing Feet, less often Hands
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 07:46:45 PM »
If one is dealing with chronic stress (which you (WE) are, worrying about health all the time) cold hands and feet are common.   Every winter (sometimes even in the summer, we have central a/c and I get cold) I heat up one of those bean bags that are meant to be used for pain, in a microwave and put it under the covers by my feet because they get icy cold - Oooooo that feels so good!!  Or I'll sit on the side of the bathtub and soak my feet in hot water. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline AP151

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Stop just existing, live while you can!
    • Poke This Member
Re: (Another MS Post) Stressing Over Freezing Feet, less often Hands
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 08:13:56 PM »
If one is dealing with chronic stress (which you (WE) are, worrying about health all the time) cold hands and feet are common.   Every winter (sometimes even in the summer, we have central a/c and I get cold) I heat up one of those bean bags that are meant to be used for pain, in a microwave and put it under the covers by my feet because they get icy cold - Oooooo that feels so good!!  Or I'll sit on the side of the bathtub and soak my feet in hot water.

Funny you mention that! After doubling up on socks in hopes of heating them up with NO success, I decided to soak my feet in the tub.
Bookmark and Share
"To live is rarest thing in the world. Most just simply exist." - Oscar Wilde

"Don't take life so seriously, nobody makes it out alive anyway."

Tags: