Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Constantly worried about health  (Read 234 times)

Offline Sarahnic9

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Constantly worried about health
« on: March 16, 2014, 01:57:27 PM »
Hi everyone, this is my first post so I hope I am doing everything correctly!

Anyway, I am a 17 year old female and have constantly feared for my health ever since I could remember.  More recently, starting on the first week of summer vacation last year (around June) I started to have a "weird" feeling in my stomach.  No explanation but I thought it was the end of the world and I had some kind of terminal disease.  It went away after a week and didn't return until the first week of October of last year.  Ever since then I have had the same feeling gnawing at me.  It feels like somewhat of a pressure in my stomach, sides, lower back, etc.  It's not really pain but I just feel like it's "there".  Every now and then I will run my hand down my stomach pushing on it slightly and I'll feel a slight pain that will set off more anxiety and so on.  -No one is probably understanding this, lol.-  It doesn't wake me up in the middle of the night but right when I wake up my mind is like "remember your stomach feels weird!  don't forget to think about it all day!".  This gives me constant depression and I never want to do anything anymore.  It just feels like what's the point if I'm just going to die from this anyway.   But this worrying is so normal for me it's sick.  Last month I had a teeny bump on my breast that I could swear to anyone it was cancer but it ended up just being a pimple.  But because I thought it was worse than that, my stomach problems went away and under my arms & breast started to get this same "feeling".  But now that this pimple is going away, the feeling has gone back to my stomach and sides.
I've been to the doctor for blood tests (which was around three years ago for another problem), x ray, regular check up, and everything came back normal.  I just feel like I have to have every test done to me and come back normal before I can let this go.  My parents are sick of me always wanting to go to the doctor so that's why I'm here.  I just feel helpless.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
Re: Constantly worried about health
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 07:52:10 PM »
You are describing me (and most of us here) to a "T"!  I had a tingling leg for a month, then I hurt my arm shoveling snow (gave myself tennis elbow!) so I kept trying not to bend my arm or grip palm side down so it wouldn't hurt) the tingling in the leg went away!   Your stomach pressure... does it feel like someone is pressing their fist right under your breast bone in the middle?   If so, I had that for a year - I finally went to the doctor because I couldn't deal with it anymore, had an endoscopy and guess what?  As SOON as he told me nothing was wrong that pressure went away - that SAME day after hurting for a YEAR every single day!  It never came back.  The mind is a very powerful thing.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sarahnic9

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 03:42:58 PM »
It does feel like a fist!  But on my left side.  It just feels like something is "there", no pain.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 06:35:12 AM »
Well, your stomach is on the left.  If you look at a picture of the human body the stomach starts on the left side (and curves downward to the middle.)  You may be feeling it on your left because that is where your focus is.
Bookmark and Share

Offline alesha

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 11:36:36 AM »
Im so sorry you feel this way, it saddens me truly.  I feel the same way everyday. The slightest symptom in my body, my mind automatically believes something is terribly wrong. Its crippling for me. I too feel I need every test done.... then what would my body try to make me believe?  Sorry if this didnt help, just know your not alone sweetie.
Bookmark and Share