Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: new to exercise unfit and feel bit light headed when i exercise causes??  (Read 236 times)

Offline eddy1608

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
hello, to some things up i ve been really inactive over the last 3 years or so due to health anxiety particularly around my heart i get chest aches and pains a lot but i have had tests over the last 2 yrs and been told i am fine my heart, bloods, cholesterol etc is gd. but as you know health anxiety doesn't always let us be leave things. anyway my therapist wants me to exercise which i have been starting to do but some days i get lightheaded. my diet is very poor some days i drink a lot others i don't and my sleep pattern is all over the shop some nights i only get 4 maybe 5 hours of proper sleep.
does anyone with knowledge of exercise think all that along with anxiety is the problem? just looking for advice really
thanks
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ryze

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
You've pretty much answered your own question, you've got a poor diet and don't get enough sleep. Add any type of exhertion to that and you can  be light headed. Even without anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
Don't give up on exercise. It can be the best for mind-body connection, peace and calm. There is plenty gentle exercise such as yoga, tai chi, plain old walking, esp. as nature is waking up after winter.

Simple free weights, stretch bands, medicine ball, etc. can get you started. There are books, DVD's, YT, much to learn. Then top it off with meditation, a valuable form of brain exercise, so is my experience.
Bookmark and Share

Offline CrazyQuacker75

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hey, I wouldn't be to concerned, I've been working out for about 2 years now, and I still get a little light headed from time to time, I just take it as a sign to get more water. Your diet and sleeping schedule aren't helping though, neither is the anxiety. Also ease into the exercise don't go in thinking you are superman, it's a good way to get hurt. make sure you stretch so you can get the blood flowing and gain some nice flexibility. I remember the first time I did a mile on the treadmill I got off and was like "oooooo boy don't fall" thats how lightheaded/dizzy I was.
Bookmark and Share
In the race against myself

Offline EverydaySunshine

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Sometimes for me, its an underlying anxiety of exercise, especially with heart fears (like I have).  If you have the green light from your doctor, keep going.  It does get better.  For me, I'll even push myself real hard just to show that I can do it - and the lightheadedness goes down.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: