Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I am not living anymore.  (Read 204 times)

Offline tryingtocope 89

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I am not living anymore.
« on: March 16, 2014, 03:49:44 AM »
I always knew i was a "worry wart". For years i seemed to overthink things and stress about things others found silly. Thats all changed.. i use to be able to breath and get past it. Not anymore. Im at a loss what to do. The last few months its increases by a hundred percent. I am in a state of constant worry. Over things that are small. I dont live anymore. I cant get in a car without panicking. I cant stop thinking aboutwhat if. I cant even decide on where to go out to dinner on date night with my husband with having an attack. I dont know what to do. I have yet to discuss this with my doctor due to fear of being judged, fear of them judging me, fear of them thinking i am not a good person. Any advice? Coping advice..approaching my doctor advice? Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Bookmark and Share

Offline darknight723

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I am not living anymore.
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 09:35:12 AM »
Hey there,

I am new to the forum but not to GAD.  Have you tried relaxation techniques?  I have had some success from 5 minutes of daily meditation, even if the worry comes in it tends to relax the body.  I have also had some success from 'worry delay'.  I set a time, mine is 5pm, and then I worry.  The rest of the day I set aside my worry and make a small discreet list.  I look at the list at 5 and ask myself what is still worth worrying about. 

You are living and you are not alone!
Peace
Bookmark and Share

Offline worldbeat99

• Rec's: 11
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 10:58:42 AM »
You definitely would be best to talk with your doctor.  He/she won't judge you.  They could diagnose you.   Maybe it's GAD, generalized anxiety disorder.  There is therapy and medication that helps.
Bookmark and Share

Offline worldbeat99

• Rec's: 11
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 11:00:33 AM »
I'm also learning meditation techniques.  Just sit with your eyes closed for a few minutes and focus your attention on any sounds you can hear.
If thoughts come to you, gently push them away.  That might help calm you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tryingtocope 89

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 02:31:26 AM »
Thanks everyone for tge replies. I have tried deep breathing and it help for a bit, but it seems to come back worse afterwards.
I will have to try the set time with a list. Laying things out seems to help. I keep a list in my purse of our family income and all of
our bills ect on it. When i start to worry about finances i look at it and see that its okay and we are on track...so maybe writing down
my daily worries and putting it aside till later will help me. Awesome idea.

I did set up an appointment with my doctor (probably should have done it sooner, but better late then never right). I am so relieved to
have found this site. I always felt alone in this like i was crazy and an over worrier and noone else went through this. After reading the
posts i now know i am not alone nor am i crazy..i just work differently than others and have to learn what works for me.

Thanks again for the replies.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: