Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hodgkins Lymphoma? scared please help?  (Read 324 times)

Offline kayleigh

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hodgkins Lymphoma? scared please help?
« on: March 15, 2014, 07:16:52 PM »
I'm so worried that I have hodgkin's lymphoma.
I have lost nearly a stone in weight since December. I had a sickness bug but since then have not got my appetite back fully and I keep losing weight,
I sweat a lot on a night and sometimes wake up covered in sweat whereas my boyfriend is fine.
I have found a small pea sized lump on my neck (I got my doctor to feel it, who didn't seem to care)
When I drink wine with a meal, I get horrible stinging pain in my jaw (I have read this is a sign of lymphoma)
I am 25. Does this sound like hodgkins? I'm so scared it is and I will have to have chemo and won't be able to have kids
Bookmark and Share

Offline Allytiel90

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hodgkins Lymphoma? scared please help?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 10:59:50 PM »
I also have a horrible lymphoma fear. I've had night sweats going on 4 and a half months now :/ I have two pea sized furnish nodes in my groin, and I keep a close eye on my neck nodes and realized how much they change even due to a pimple on my neck. They are quite sensitive. I've had many tests in the last 7 months. 2 full cbcs and metabolic panels (most recent being this week.) ultrasounds, chest X-ray, 3 weeks ago a particular blood test looking for lymphoma markers . So far, even though I feel doomed, my tests say I'm okay and my doctor does too. Have you seem your doc and demanded the tests that will out your kind at ease? I just found out my friend who is 25 has had night sweats for the past 4 years!! They never found a cause and she still has them. It's apparently a tad more common than I thought in ladies our age. Not common where you hear people talking about it in passing convo, but it's not unheard of. As far as your weight loss, stress causes loss if appetite. As far as the jaw pain, I dare say your brain knows that's a symptom and it starts to act out on it. My subconscious has given me pains and symtoms of diseases I've heard if days or months prior! I remeber the first time it happened, I heard of a boy who got let cancer. A few days later out of the blue, severe leg pain! Oh no I thought! I must have leg cancer. Nope I didn't. The pain went away shortly . And this began my ongoing 10 year battle with HA.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: