Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I know I have brain damage I just know it and it's killing me  (Read 735 times)

Offline dthedaydreamer

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I know I have brain damage I just know it and it's killing me
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2014, 05:55:23 PM »
YOU DO NOT HAVE BRAIN DAMAGE!! You are scaring yourself into believing that you do. Try to relax friend and think about it logically. As others have said, it is mathematically impossible to just "get brain damage". My friend, I am guilty of over thinking the littlest things as well. Every palpitation, every single little pain in my chest I am CONVINCED that I am having a heart attack. In reality I am just having panic symptoms. Go to your doctor and make sure, it will also make you feel better to hear that you are perfectly fine.

Just remember, breathe and think positive. Positive thinking goes a LONG way. Peace and Prosperity Friend. 
Bookmark and Share
In mental illness, we are not alone. Speak and you shall be heard.

Peace, Love, and Prosperity to all :)

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 13
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2014, 08:55:46 AM »
The only brain damage you have is thinking you got brain damage from moving your head  :spineyes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Stressed Jumper

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2014, 10:53:23 AM »
"I will not see a psychiatrist; I do not have the money nor the transportation, and my family disapproves. That's why I'm posting here instead."

Why does your family disapprove?  I would think they would want you to get the help you need.  And when it comes to cost check out giveanhour.org  This is a community of docs and psychs that donate their time to help those who cannot otherwise afford care and many of them will do counseling over the telephone.

"We're happy to help you but you you need to listen to what we're telling you…not shoot us down at everything we say.  "

I agree with SoaringFalcon...We are all here to give and receive support, but when the person looking for support refuses to accept it and tells us we're all wrong it makes the whole thing futile.

Bookmark and Share

Offline AncientMelody

• Rec's: 16
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2014, 08:48:35 AM »
I said it before and I will say it again...you do not have brain damage, you have health anxiety.  Please, please, PLEASE speak to a psychiatrist as soon as possible.  You need professional help to manage this and the sooner you get it the better you will feel.

I will not see a psychiatrist; I do not have the money nor the transportation, and my family disapproves. That's why I'm posting here instead.

An online support forum is not a substitute for professional help. Not remotely.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MrMoleHill

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • I look, therefore I find.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2014, 12:07:04 PM »
Once, I fell while ice-skating. I landed straight on my head.  Now I fear the development of concussion related encephalopathy. And sometimes I wonder if anxiety isn't a result of it.
Bookmark and Share
We are all walking through the Valley of the Shadow of Death

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2014, 02:23:30 PM »
You need to look into community resources. Most places have options for people with no income or transportation to seek the mental help that they need. This is your life, not your family's. They are not having to endure the anxiety - you are.

This forum can only do so much for you. Essentially, you're only seeking constant reassurance from us. That can help you calm down in the short term, but it doesn't help your disorder in the long term. Reassurance seeking does more helping than hurting.
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Offline Daisy55

• Rec's: 9
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2014, 03:06:32 PM »
Temple pain can be from tension in face for me.  Mostly when I clench my eyes and forehead.  Even the TMJ can do it at times.
Bookmark and Share
You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.  
John 8:32

Tags:

anything