Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Anxiety if I know I have to go out, Help  (Read 188 times)

Offline AmandaH33

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anxiety if I know I have to go out, Help
« on: March 15, 2014, 09:45:23 AM »
For the past few months, I have been stuck in the house since I have no car or no job, Well about a month ago, I went into a store with my mom and I had a panic attack, This freaked me out so much that I haven't been back in a big store. I feel like I am going crazy! I haven't been to a doctor about this because I panic about going anywhere away from the house, even family events.

I know the only way to overcome this is to face it, but I can't bring myself to do that.
Any advice to help me overcome this?
Bookmark and Share

Offline solidnickel

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety if I know I have to go out, Help
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 01:55:31 PM »
Hi, just a observation that you are in your early 20's? It seems like most people develop this disorder in their early 20's; I know that I did. One thing to remember is its always easier said then done so you need to build confidence and that can be very tough at first. I was in a relationship at 20 when stress started taking over. I lost my job was a hopeless romantic in love and then it happened, a unexplained panic attack in the car. It blew my mind! Like you, I thought I was going crazy and was scared to go outside or anywhere for that matter. I could not figure out what the culprit was at the time hint why I thought I was going crazy. Who in their right mind is scared of going outside?

I didn't learn until later on in life that stress was the culprit and still is. Its crazy that it took me over 10 years to figure that out, I am 39 years of age now. This is not going to make any sense to you right now but it will later, start LOVING YOURSELF!  your confidence will grow and you will be able to face your fears a lot easier. You must have confidence to self motivate yourself and the worse thing I did to myself is let others enable me with pity. I made myself feel like I could not do it without others and that cause my confidence to get even lower. So it was the low road for me for along time until something happened which I will not get into right now but it changed my life forever and I do love myself more then I ever did in the past. I take care of myself and am very confident. Things that I thought were impossible became possible though my confidence and I not 100 percent anxiety free and will never be; everyone has anxiety, some more then others.

Its really hard to just say do this or do that because I have been in your shoes and I was very stubborn, the same things that I am typing to you write now I read when I was around your age:) You need tough love to set you free from this, your family who loves you the most will give you pity and it will make it worse; trust me. Later in life when you get around my age you learn that no one really cares if you have anxiety or panic attacks, the world is a pretty selfish place:(

Your mind probably moves really fast as does mine, you may need medication as I do to slow it down at times. One thing for sure is that you will be just fine by learning to love yourself you will build confidence and become less dependent on others; independence is the key to success. Time and patience is also virtue, you can not expect to get over this in one day. We live in a stressful world where you can not always get away from certain things such as traffic or going into stores to get what you need. Sometimes you need to prep yourself and then leave. My advice right now is to go see a Psychiatrist and that in itself will be very difficult, I would not mess with seeing a psychologist because its a lot of money and they can not prescribe medication and you will have a hard time even showing up because again its easer said then done. You can buy attacking anxiety, its a great program and I still use it and listen to the cd's in my car; it relaxes me! With medication and the right program, you will live a normal life, trust me;)

Bookmark and Share

Tags: