Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Any advice will help ! Please ! Heart attack fear :(  (Read 166 times)

Offline yessixo

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Any advice will help ! Please ! Heart attack fear :(
« on: March 15, 2014, 08:48:48 AM »
 :(
Hello all,

Lately Ive also become such a hypochondriac and have this fear of having a heart attack. Have been see a cardiologist so far no signs of anything other than fast pulse sometimes slightly elevated blood pressure due to anxiety I believe. Have done chest xrays, blood work , which they found my blood clot level was elevated but they did ultrasounds on my legs arms and neck for signs of stroke, also stress ekg, and CT scan of chest. These passed few days Ive been feeling pains in arms by my ribs and chest . I still am afraid that theres something wrong. Also about a month ago i ended up in the ER bc of the pain and doctors said it may be a strained muscle they also did an ECG and nothing. I was in a bad car accident few years ago so I dont know if it may be from the herniated discs or pinched nerves in back and neck. I am so afraid of having to get an MRI done. As I also wale up to numbness and tingling in my arms and legs. Could this be all symptoms of anxiety ? I am 26 year old female, 185lbs. 5'5. Cholesterol and blood work was all fine except for my ddimers being slightly elevated. My medical bills are sky high and I am so afraid of going into cardiac arrest or something emergency wise. How do I get these thoughts of illness out of my head ? Any advice would be so helpful . i also might add I have a cousin of mind who just suffered from a stroke and she was 30yrs old. she had underlying diseases such as diabetes and thyroid problems. Which doctor says I dont have. Could my hypochondria also stem from her , could I possibly be going through post traumatic stress ? Im so afraid and I feel so stupid always needing to go to these drs. all the time  my bills are adding up as well
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Any advice will help ! Please ! Heart attack fear :(
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 09:34:14 AM »
Yes!  You are worried because of your cousin!  AND add to that the fact your medical bills are sky high.  They had changed my husband's health insurance in July to where we'd have to pay 50% of ANY tests - now I never get tests, but my fear got so bad that EVERYTHING was wrong with me!  My leg in December started tingling like crazy and I was freaking out... (I was more worried about getting sent for a test and having to pay for it, than the diagnosis!) THEN they changed health providers and it's real good - ANY test will be covered 100% and do you know that my symptoms improved drastically after that?
And the pains could absolutely be from the car accident.  Those things don't go away easily.  (just from hurting my arm shoveling snow the beginning of December I STILL can't go to the gym, it still hurts bad, and that's just from shoveling snow!  Of course you are younger than me, but my point is, injuries to a muscle or ligament don't heal fast at ANY age)
Tingling can also be from a pinched nerve and being made worse by focusing on it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ryze

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 10:09:05 AM »
If your going to have a heart attack it's just going to hit you, very rarely do people have time to look at their symptoms.  My grandmother in her 70s never had any heart conditions or symptoms minus a little cholesterol. One day she was sitting on the couch waiting to go to the store talking on the phone, grandfather went into the kitchen for less than a minute came back and she had slumped over after having a stroke. All your test results were fine and it's extremely uncommon for anyone going to have a stroke so you shouldn't worry about it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline yessixo

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 11:43:24 AM »
thank you all for taking the time out and responding !!! it sure did help :) im going to just stop driving myself crazy and just try to live day to day
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 09:06:57 AM »
I too have heart fears and can sympathize with where you are - I've had every heart test they can do without surgery - luckily all is well.  While the body's circulatory system is amazingly complex, its also pretty simple.  Your heart is little more than an electric pump which moves blood around your body and basically 3 things can go wrong.

1 - The electrical system which makes your heart run can be faulty (thats why some people get pacemakers)
2 - The heart muscle itself can have some form of defect (faulty valves, weak tissue, etc)
3 - There is a clog somewhere in the pipes (this would be your cholesterol)

The good news is that these things are actually pretty easy for docs to diagnose.  The hard part is that we heart worriers don't believe they're easy to diagnose and are confident that they missed something.  My doc told me, that once you're given the all clear, short of some form of sudden massive physical trauma, disease or other external source, its takes years for changes to occur which can cause problems.

So you've been checked out and deemed OK - thats great!  Now make sure it stays that way by eating right, exercising and seeing your doc for your annual check-up and follow whatever directions he gives you.

Best of luck!!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: