Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Sorry to post so much; I feel like I can barely breath  (Read 209 times)

Offline Daxter

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Sorry to post so much; I feel like I can barely breath
« on: March 15, 2014, 08:42:09 AM »
It'll be a while before any doctor can see me, so I really need your help until then. My symptoms just keep changing constantly, mostly since stopping the Mirtazapine I was on just 2 weeks ago. I've never had what I currently have before, and to be frank it scares me to no end. Basically I feel like something is clogging up my throat. A glue-like texture of sorts, which makes me short of breath, prevents me from taking a deep breath and puts pressure on my head and chest.

What really gets to me is that my digestive symptoms have beek decreasing of late - less burning throat, butping, nausea - and I have less post-nasal drip causing less throat clearing. Unless I force myself tp clear my throat though, I can barely breath. The symptoms only fade a little when I sit down, and all but vanish when I'm asleep. Gaviscon Advance makes it worse - it gets stuck too! Almost no issues with swallowing by the way, and it worsens with excercise.

Sadly all my efforts to Google an answer say "LPR" which only scares me even more as it is an incurable, virtually uncontrollable illness. I thought I'd have these kinds of problems when I had MORE mucus in my throat, so why are they only appearing now? Any help you can offer to calm me down would be greatly appreciated.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Sorry to post so much; I feel like I can barely breath
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 08:53:43 AM »
When I had bad digestive issues and would eat it would feel like things were just sitting in my throat floating there (I'd eat oatmeal and then think the oatmeal was in my throat just sitting there, it felt exactly like that.  It ended up being worse when I'd TAKE an acid reducer, after googling, I realized that not ENOUGH acid will do that (you need acid to digest your food and not enough acid will cause the food to digest extremely slowly and give you symptoms), so I stopped the Prevacid I was given and in a few weeks that all went away.  Maybe you are now having too LITTLE acid.  (which may explain WHY the Gaviscon makes it worse)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ryze

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 10:02:35 AM »
When I had bad digestive issues and would eat it would feel like things were just sitting in my throat floating there (I'd eat oatmeal and then think the oatmeal was in my throat just sitting there, it felt exactly like that.  It ended up being worse when I'd TAKE an acid reducer, after googling, I realized that not ENOUGH acid will do that (you need acid to digest your food and not enough acid will cause the food to digest extremely slowly and give you symptoms), so I stopped the Prevacid I was given and in a few weeks that all went away.  Maybe you are now having too LITTLE acid.  (which may explain WHY the Gaviscon makes it worse)

It's strange that you got better after stoping Prevacid since it had almost the opposite effect on me. After two months of nausea, feeling like I had burning in the throat and having to eat every few hours to get rid of it,  I decided to try Prevacid and while it takes 24 hours to 4 days to feel any results about 5 hours after taking it I had no symptoms and now 24 hours later I still don't have any minus some abdominal pain and occasional stomach noises which I had before the Prevacid. It even seems to have helped with the headaches id get along with the nausea and burning in the throat. It's weird because I've never had any type of reflux, developed a sinus infection out of the blue and after that was gone I had these symptoms still. Turns out GERD and reflux can cause a sinus infection.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 10:26:23 AM »
It's strange that you got better after stoping Prevacid since it had almost the opposite effect on me. After two months of nausea, feeling like I had burning in the throat and having to eat every few hours to get rid of it,  I decided to try Prevacid and while it takes 24 hours to 4 days to feel any results about 5 hours after taking it I had no symptoms and now 24 hours later I still don't have any minus some abdominal pain and occasional stomach noises which I had before the Prevacid. It even seems to have helped with the headaches id get along with the nausea and burning in the throat. It's weird because I've never had any type of reflux, developed a sinus infection out of the blue and after that was gone I had these symptoms still. Turns out GERD and reflux can cause a sinus infection.

Oh it did help when I first started it, but I guess whatever was causing the excess acid had cleared up and I continued to take the acid reducer, thus resulting in not ENOUGH acid to digest my food. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ryze

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2014, 11:19:35 AM »
Were you prescribed it by a doctor? I just decided to try out the OTC 1 pill a day for 14 days pack. Figured if it helped Id at least know it was some type of reflux and not just all in my head.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2014, 01:16:24 PM »
Were you prescribed it by a doctor? I just decided to try out the OTC 1 pill a day for 14 days pack. Figured if it helped Id at least know it was some type of reflux and not just all in my head.

Yes, that time it was from a doctor, but at other random times I'd just use the 14 day OTC ones that worked for me.   The Prevacid time was just a whole different ballgame.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: