Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: elevated kidney functions (bun, creatinine, egfr)  (Read 152 times)

Offline livelaughlove

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
elevated kidney functions (bun, creatinine, egfr)
« on: March 15, 2014, 07:33:16 AM »
Hi, so i had labs done the other day and not everything back yet but my kidney functions are elevated. My kidney functions have been off for the past a year. Very strange. Just wondering if anyone else my age has this problem. I am a 35 year old caucasian female. I am not overweight. I do not have diabetes. I do not have high blood pressure. I eat healthy, no preservatives. Mostly vegetables is what I eat. I used to exercise for a half hour every day but I haven't since last fall because i have been dealing with pain and getting myself better, but it was never strenuous exercise. I am on my feet a lot at work and I stretch at every chance i get (since last fall, I had plantar fasciitis in both feet, bilateral knee pains/cracking, bilateral hip pain, shoulder/back/chest/sternum/rib pain). THe stretches have helped me so much, along with ice and heat. Activity makes the pain go away. If i sit too long everything starts hurting. Mornings and nights are worst, I get stiff and start hurting, like it's hard to get out of a chair for a few seconds and walk up steps but then it gets better. I guess just normal wear and tear, cause im no spring chicken! lol. Anyway i am not concerned about that, because i'm managing it with stretching, what i care about is what the heck is the deal with my kidneys. I've had fasciculations for over a year now, all day long, every day, mostly in one side of my face around my mouth, and my arm, and back, and hips. I notice it's worse if i eat too much protein, or a lot of meat. SO i don't eat much meat and haven't for several months, cause also when i eat a lot of meat, i have that feeling like i am not getting enough oxygen and i get this pain by my 2nd to 3 rib down across the sternum and i twitch more. I know protein is bad for kidney disease so maybe that's why? Anyway, my bun and creatinine were both high and my egfr was 61. A few months ago, my egfr was 57 but bun and creatinine were normal but top normal. A few months before that, my bun was high but creatinine top normal and egfr was 88. Before that, my creatinine was high along with protein but bun and egfr was normal. Each time i had labs drawn, the docs would say you must be dehydrated. I said how is that possible being that i eat a ton of vegetables and drink 4 16.9 oz water bottles per day plus 1 cup of coffee? Everything is just not making sense. I also had creatinine kinase checked this time, which was normal (that would check if something is making my muscles break down thus causing the fasciculations). I just think something is going on they have not figured out yet but in the meantime, i am guessing i just have mild loss of kidney function, no big deal, it's just weird how it has rapidly progressed in someone of my age, but I am not in a danger zone or anything like that. So i guess what i am asking is does anyone else around my age (35) who is healthy have deteriorated kidney function or fasciculations?
Bookmark and Share

Offline livelaughlove

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: elevated kidney functions (bun, creatinine, egfr)
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 07:41:08 AM »
by the way, wanted to add, yes, i did see neurologist who checked me for lymes, negative. Checked labs for acetocholine, lupus, sjogrens, (due to family history) all negative. Negative EMG. Normal Brain MRI. Only abnormality was developmental venous anomaly which is like a congenital defect of veins, something you are born with, but that would cause zero symptoms and is no big deal. ALso, I had EKG-negative. Stress test-normal. THat would have ruled out coronary problems. Also had upper endoscopy, entire small bowel had granular appearance (which means something is making my small bowel change). Biopsy comes back indicative of celiac disease or systemic autoimmune disease or food hypersensitivity. So then i get labs... negative celiac. I cannot have celiac because i do not carry DQ@/DQ8 genetic markers. ANA negative. If i had autoimmune disease my ANA would be positive with a pattern (or maybe i am in early stages, i dont know... becasue i have seen other patients with autoimmune disease and their ANA is not always positive). Negative allergy testing, and i do not have allergic type reactions. So i never got an answer. Story of my life. Weird stuff that is inconclusive and just another piece to the puzzle.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: