Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I feel like I have hyperthyroidism  (Read 162 times)

Offline ilikemushrooms

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I feel like I have hyperthyroidism
« on: March 15, 2014, 01:55:18 AM »
Recently I noticed I've lost a significant amount of weight. I'm around 47-48kg but now for some reason I'm 45kg (take or give half a kilo), and I'm worried about this because I haven't been at that weight for ages, the last time I was that weight was when I came back from China and I had food poisoning so I didn't eat alot for 3 days, and this was this year January. And I'm also worried because I eat normally and I'm not on any diets or anything. Although I do have fast metabolism that I picked up from my parents.

I also realised that my periods are longer this time round. I always used to have it around the exact right time and usually the same duration (4-7 days), although now it's been 12 days (started at the usual time) and it hasn't stopped. There's not alot though, but the period that comes out is sometimes brown-red. And when I had my period, after about 5-6 days it slowly stopped although some brown-red discharge was coming out, and I had period cramps, and then for some reason it came again.

Yes, I do have anxiety and derealisation/depersonalisation so sometimes I feel like I have trouble breathing and concentrating and I'd get worried easily and think alot. I'm 16, and school's been pretty stressful latetly, so I don't know if that contributes to this.

Does anyone know what it is or what I should do? Thanks.

Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: I feel like I have hyperthyroidism
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 06:58:47 AM »
Simple answer would be to visit your local doctor and get checked out. If they find nothing at all we might then say it is just stress / anxiety acting up. But we have to rule out other things first. The doctor would be the person to rule these things out. So arrange a visit. Find out for certain. Then you can begin to work on making things right again.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
Re: I feel like I have hyperthyroidism
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 07:25:37 AM »
A simple blood test could rule out hyperthyroidism.  And then you have to ask yourself - do you have a LOT more energy than usual?  That's a symptom of it too.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: