Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Pain in chest when eating  (Read 110 times)

Offline theelt712

• Queen Cardiochondria
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Strength is in the eye of the beholder.
    • Poke This Member
Pain in chest when eating
« on: March 14, 2014, 06:17:43 PM »
Well, my anxiety is a bit high. Whenever I eat anything, especially chips, i get a burning sensation- like heartburn but without the reflux. It feels like my chest is on fire, but it is only for, at worst, 3 minutes but mostly for like a minute. However, the burning triggers my heart fears. Has anyone else had this? Happens with almost anything I eat. :( It has been around for like a month.
Bookmark and Share
Queen Cardiochondria.
"I would recommend that you lay off the Google crack pipe for a little while."- vardnas

Online Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Pain in chest when eating
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 06:54:11 PM »
YES!  Except it isn't with EVERYTHING.   The very first time I noticed this was with tomato soup when I was about 8 or 9!  Then it got real bad about 10 years ago and it was happening with beef, gravies, tomato sauce and ice cream of all things.  I usually need to have water close by when eating any of that stuff and use it as a "chaser" to put out the fire.  :spineyes:
(I had an endoscopy in 2005 - they found absolutely NOTHING wrong, not even any esophageal irritation!)
Absolutely not your heart.  When I eat tomato sauce it's the worst, I actually sometimes bend over and just go, "WHOA!"  (because it will burn so bad)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: