Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Faced my fear today....  (Read 179 times)

Offline KSULC

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Faced my fear today....
« on: March 14, 2014, 04:02:22 PM »
I took another step in my recovery today, and I feel great!

Last night my girlfriend asked me if I would be up to taking her mom to go get some blood-work done. My entire anxiety issues started when I originally took her mom to the doctors office, so needless to say I was very upset about the thought of having to do it again.

Fear started running through my head, what will happen to me if I do this? Will I revert back to how I was 6 months ago? Will I pass out on the drive over the hospital and risk killing us? Will I pass out in the waiting lounge for her to go get blood drawn?

But then something happened as my fears ran through my mind; I realized that to beat my fear I must face my fear. Just the realization of that gave me the courage to say yes.

I was nervous this morning when it was time to go down there, but I soldiered on. Not surprisingly, everything went fine. I had a little anxiety creep up on me in the waiting lounge, mainly when I started over-thinking about the blood draw stations, but once I was able to focus on something else, I was fine.

I know that I have more steps to go, but I just wanted to share my success today with everyone.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ellish

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Faced my fear today....
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 02:55:33 PM »
Congrats on this huge step! I've found the same thing - the only way to decrease the hold that our fears have on us is by facing them head on. It's terrifying, but we've lived this long (and likely through worse!) so we can do it. Keep up the good work!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: