Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Reddish stool  (Read 410 times)

Offline kvndl2

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Things are lookin' up
    • Poke This Member
Reddish stool
« on: March 14, 2014, 03:22:00 PM »
I just made a post this morning about my stomach hurting for over 24 hours now. Well I went to the bathroom and I noticed that my stool was reddish. Not bright red or dark red but I supposed of I had to go with one it was probably a mixture of bright red and brown. A red rust color almost. I haven't eaten anything red lately nor drank anything red. So I'm not sure what it could be. And since my. Stomach has been bothering me I'm no concerned that I'm bleeding internally or something.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ryze

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Reddish stool
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 08:13:06 PM »
If you had internal bleeding your stool would be bloody or black. Keep in mind that when you look in the toilet the color of your stool can be somewhat distorted by the water especially if there's urine in it. I read your other post and from what your saying your stomach problems could be from some type of acid reflux. I never had and don't have any of the common symptoms such as heartburn, gas, frequent burping, etc. but I had a warm almost burning feeling in my throat that went away with eating, nausea (never threw up), some abdominal pain on my sides, pain either on or just under both sides of my ribs (lately just the left), etc. Had these feelings for almost 2 months since I developed a sinus infection. Sinuses went away but still had all these feelings along with headache. While I've never been diagnosed with GERD or acid reflux I thought I'd try Prevacid this morning and even though it takes between 24 hours to 4 days to start seeing any results its been about 5-6 hours since I've taken my first pill and I haven't had any of the symptoms minus a little pain around my left rib which could easily be from the way I sit at the computer. Even my headache seems to have disappeared. I don't know if the Prevacid is actually working or if it's just me believing it will work so it lowers my anxiety thereby lowering my symptoms.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kvndl2

Content
  • Things are lookin' up
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 09:06:32 PM »
Yeah anti acids don't really seem to work well for me for some reason. But I'm glad to hear it's somewhat working for you. My mom doesn't think the stool color is anything of concern nor my stomach pains. But thank you for the long reply. I always appreciate thoughtful feedback.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 07:23:28 AM »
Could even be IBS.  That would cause pain AND cause rust colored stools.  Of course if it keeps happening you should ask a doctor about the color, but I did hear IBS can produce that.  Plus you had the pain.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kvndl2

Content
  • Things are lookin' up
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2014, 01:16:46 PM »
I didn'teven think about that. Thank you for your reply.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: