Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: My daily symptoms  (Read 232 times)

Online playmaker093

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
My daily symptoms
« on: March 14, 2014, 01:09:31 PM »
I know you guys aren't doctors, but I need help in a diagnoses and more importantly, relief. 

Here are my daily symptoms

Headaches, usually at back of head and temples
ear fullness.. every once in awhile
throat tightness.. convinced I have thyroid cancer.  Not sore and doesn't hurt to swallow, just tight at all times of the day
tonsil swollen for over a year
Neck stiffness
Chronic yawning, I try to yawn about every time I open my mouth when I'm not talking
always short of breath.  Probably because of the above reasons
Chest pain/discomfort.  Middle of chest, around sternum and a little lower
feeling like food or liquid is stuck in throat.
Constant feeling of ill.

This has gone on for over a year.  Basically every day.  I need out of this nightmare.  Any suggestions?
Bookmark and Share

Offline psychopika

• Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Whatever doesn't kill you fucks you up mentally
    • Poke This Member
Re: My daily symptoms
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 01:27:03 PM »
Your symptoms sounds just like anxiety, minus the swollen tonsil that might have something to do with a previous cold. Sometimes lymph nodes remain swollen after inflammation, but they no longer signify any illness. A tonsil swollen for over a year is very likely that. I have a swollen tonsil on the right for many years too.

Now - the thyroid cancer - I really doubt you have that. If it was big enough to give you swallowing difficulty, you would be able to feel it or even see it. You can always check for thyroid nodules because the thyroid is a thin, small gland and you would feel a cancer quite easily. I'm sure you know where your thyroid is, between the middle of the neck & above the pit of the neck, just feel it with your fingers. Easy to do.

The lump in throat, throat fullness sensation is EXTREMELY common with anxiety, I have it as well and I worried about my thyroid too.

The headaches, ear fullness, throat tightness, neck stiffness are caused by tension, they are related to anxiety. I have the exact same symptoms. They suck.

The chest pain again is another common symptom of anxiety and muscular tension. I've had that as well, mine was to the right of the sternum and sometimes it felt deep inside, other times just under the ribs. It was like a dull pain/discomfort and it was almost constant! I've had it for 2 months before I managed to relax enough for it to go away. It still bothers me sometimes when I get tense.

I feel ill as well. Like I have the flu.

I've been to many doctors and had many investigations done. They all sent me home and told me I have anxiety and possibly depression as well. They told me to find an occupation to keep myself busy and stop focusing on myself and my body. I guess I will pass on this advice to you... your symptoms absolutely sound like textbook case anxiety.

Bookmark and Share

Online playmaker093

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 01:39:32 PM »
I don't have any swallowing difficulty. When I feel where I think my thyroid is I feel a little pebble like thing. But it's really tiny. Noticed it about a year ago but thyroid wasn't my worry then. I've had my thyroid levels checked but Idk if that would show cancer.
Bookmark and Share

Offline psychopika

Okay
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 01:50:53 PM »
I don't have any swallowing difficulty. When I feel where I think my thyroid is I feel a little pebble like thing. But it's really tiny. Noticed it about a year ago but thyroid wasn't my worry then. I've had my thyroid levels checked but Idk if that would show cancer.

Oh, OK, I understood from your post that you have swallowing difficulty as well ("feeling like food or liquid is stuck in throat").

The pebble thing is something soft & smooth I assume? It could be a lymph node or it could be the actual gland. If you've had this thing for a year and it didn't change it's definitely not something to worry about.

Thyroid cancer doesn't usually show in thyroid tests, yes, but why would you have it? It would be palpable if you had one and even if you had something palpable it would most likely be a benign nodule or a cyst, which are way more prevalent... Plus, men get thyroid cancer MUCH less often than women so your odds are really tiny. Really, why worry about thyroid cancer? What got you started?

Anyway, not only is it rare in men, it's also one of the most curable cancers ever. Did you see the cure rate? It's over 90% or something.

Bookmark and Share

Online playmaker093

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 01:54:44 PM »
I read it was like 97 percent. Ah and I'm 18 so id probably be strong enough to fight it. I don't know why I worry about it. It's really just my fear of having an undiagnosed problem.
Bookmark and Share

Offline psychopika

Okay
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 02:08:33 PM »
I read it was like 97 percent. Ah and I'm 18 so id probably be strong enough to fight it. I don't know why I worry about it. It's really just my fear of having an undiagnosed problem.

Yes, I know how you feel. But I really don't think you have thyroid cancer or any cancer or physical health issue.

Sometimes when you feel a lot of free-floating anxiety, your mind will find ways to validate it and give a reason for existing. It will channel it in all sorts of obsessions, like health. The best way to treat this anxiety is to find ways to channel your mental energy in different, more constructive directions - a hobby, a sport you like etc. At 18 yo, you need not worry pointlessly about your health.

Avoid worrying, checking and googling this stuff, because it can become an addiction. I'm 28 yo and I wish I could take back all those years I've WASTED worrying.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lam123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2014, 09:44:39 PM »
I have experienced a lot o your symptoms and it is exactly how you described it, a nightmare.
Bookmark and Share

Online playmaker093

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2014, 10:04:42 PM »
I wanted to clarify, the thing I can kinda feel near my thyroid feels like a BB or a pellet from an air soft gun.  It's that small too.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: