Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I got dumped and am going crazy  (Read 255 times)

Offline astgo123

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I got dumped and am going crazy
« on: March 14, 2014, 12:28:40 PM »
I just broke up with my girlfriend (first love) and I cannot get over her. She still keeps in contact with me out of pitty I guess (she knows I have GAD and was looking to break up with me for over a month) we are trying to be just "friends" but I feel like a complete wreck because all I can do is think about being with her as her boyfriend and not just a friend.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ouarezki

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I got dumped and am going crazy
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 04:04:49 PM »
I dunnno if this will be much help, but i found out that this page has chat. I went on it and it really helped me, lovely people going through pretty much the same thing.
Plus everything just happens for a reason, this breakup could help cure your anxiety and divert you to a better world...sounds cheesy but everything does when we're anxious. Good luck :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ryze

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 12:56:19 PM »
Best advice I can give you is to cut out all the "just friends" stuff. It'll never work and you're only going to make yourself feel worse. The sooner you cut all contact the sooner you can begin to move on.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ssssslytherin

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 09:48:48 AM »
I went through two breakups where my family thought I was going to need to be put in the hospital from lack of appetite.

First one was three months. Thought my life was over. Couldn't sleep, eat, or go more than five minutes without thinking of him. Second was a rebound from the first.

Here I am years later, married to a person so exactly perfect for me that he might be tailor made. He's three times handsomer, smarter, and sexier, and treats me better than either of them. Whereas they tolerated my quirks, he celebrates them.

Try to have faith that there are reasons it didn't work out, and someone better will come.
Bookmark and Share

Offline poppadr3w

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 10:58:01 PM »
Break-ups are incredibly rough. You said that YOU broke up with HER. Maybe you can work things out?

If you broke up with her due to something like cheating, then I suggest cutting contact or distancing yourself as much as possible. It'll be hard, but it's for the best.

When my girlfriend and I broke up I was an idiot and drank. It made me incredibly depressed.

However, after some thinking I got into exercise. Exercise is incredibly healthy. Not only does it help relieve stress and get your mind off of things, you'll get in better shape and subsequently gain more confidence due to this.

It'll take time overall, though. Just keep yourself and better yourself during this time. There are many other partners out there, although it may not seem like it right now.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: