Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Advice Needed!  (Read 84 times)

Offline Jitter.Bug91

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Advice Needed!
« on: March 14, 2014, 07:29:43 AM »
Hey all, im new here so not sure how this is going to work.
Im 23 years old from the uk, and I suck at writing   :spineyes:
Anway I just needed a little help and advice as I  need to start a work placement on monday and I have never felt so damn scared.
The place is a large hotel and I would be serving alot of people. The problem is everytime I think about this my heart races I feel like im going to pass out as I get sooo dizzy, I feel physicaly sick. Im getting , myself so worked up about it and most of the time burst into tears.
So my question is .. how do I stop myself running scared.
I have spoke to my therapist and she just tells me to 'give it a try' ( sorry lovebut I dont think its that easy)
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Advice Needed!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 10:32:10 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.

Possibly 10 posts to enter chat at the moment.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Ssssslytherin

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Advice Needed!
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 04:35:58 AM »
I don't know if USA folk fully understand the system y'all have, but I do know the UK puts job seekers under pressure to do well in whatever placement they get.

You might try some quick Exposure Therapy first. Stop into a cafe during the slow part of the shift and find a friendly server. Ask them to talk with you about what the tasks feel like, etc. Getting about it from the other side of the table may make the unknown less scary.

If you're sure this anxiety level will show through to your boss, you might be better off with some degree of honesty. "Mrs Smith, I know I'm assigned to full training today, but for some strange reason, it makes me feel like an actor who's forgotten his lines. May I please ease into some of the tasks? I'm happy to take on extra washing up or such to make up for it."

Bookmark and Share

Tags: