Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: dizzy and heartburn  (Read 160 times)

Offline ~ JustMe ~

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
dizzy and heartburn
« on: March 14, 2014, 01:01:45 AM »
I have a question. Is it possible that heartburn and feeling dizzy are related? I seem to have heartburn a lot here lately. Every night and I've even changed my diet. Ideas or any suggestions would be appreciated. I fear heartburn being constant leads to esophageal cancer.  That's why I worry.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
Re: dizzy and heartburn
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 07:24:36 AM »
I had heartburn for 38 years and my dad for about 60 years.  We have no cancer not even that pre-cancerous thing.  I don't think heartburn and dizziness are related (I too get dizzy, but I blame it on my middle ear)  My dad never gets dizzy.
I take a Pepcid or Rolaids.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ryze

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 08:34:59 PM »
If you have heartburn more than twice a week it could be GERD or acid reflux. While I never had any of the common symptoms like heartburn, burping, gas, etc. I had a warm almost burning in the throat feeling every few hours that would go away with eating, some abdominal pain, pain under my ribs (both or alternating), etc. Dizziness, lightheartedness, and nausea are all symptoms of reflux. While I've never been officially diagnosed with reflux or GERD, I recently started taking Prevacid which is a common over the counter PPI used to treat GERD and reflux. It's a one pill a day for 14 days treatment, and while it says it takes from 24 hours to 4 days to see results, within 5 hours of taking my first pill I haven't had any of the symptoms that I've been having for almost 2 months now so it's something I'd consider looking into. Especially if something like Rolaids or Tums helps you feel better.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ~ JustMe ~

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 11:59:55 PM »
Thanks for the responses and yes I get that burning feeling it seems even when gas isn't present. I am going to try Prevacid and hopefully by the time I'm done with it I will feel better. It makes my anxiety go crazy.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: