Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Help =/  (Read 127 times)

Offline skim50

• The BooBoo Guru
  • Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
    • Poke This Member
Help =/
« on: March 14, 2014, 12:32:30 AM »
I feel like my speech is slurred like my tongue doesnt work right.. I can read a whole page out of a book out loud fine, but when I talk to people I feel like I mess up on words or I am not saying them right.. I my leg muscles also feel tight and weak.. But I am not falling and I can walk miles every morning.. But I feel like my leg will drop every second or that I will slur my words. I have been really stressed lately and my anxiety on a neurological issue is at a all time high.. Can anyone else relate to these symptoms ? :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline terri

• Rec's: 0
  • love life
    • Poke This Member
Re: Help =/
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 12:41:19 AM »
sounds like anxiety. social anxiety possibly. have you ever had issues with social anxiety in the past?
Bookmark and Share

Offline AP151

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Stop just existing, live while you can!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 12:43:00 AM »
Though I cannot relate to the slurred speech, I've had the tightness in my leg all day long. I've been stressing over MS over a week now. Ever since I looked up the symptoms I've had tingling, twitching, lump in the throat, the whole 9 yards. We just have to remember that these are all symptoms of stress and anxiety too. See your Dr. to ease your mind. I'm excited and nervous for my appointment tomorrow morning. If you started having these symptoms AFTER you looked them up, it's probably not a coincidence. We can create these by worrying about them, I know I have.
Bookmark and Share
"To live is rarest thing in the world. Most just simply exist." - Oscar Wilde

"Don't take life so seriously, nobody makes it out alive anyway."

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 06:24:04 AM »
If you can read a book out loud fine, but not talk to someone - it sounds more like anxiety with talking to people, like you feel they are judging how you are talking and then you "can't talk" (I am very good at math, but if I have to do it in FRONT of someone I can't even divide 12 by 6!  (I was asked, "What's 12 divided by 6" by a kid in front of people and I said, "2?  No it's not 2!   It's 6... no wait it's 2... I THINK"  I mean my mind just went blank.  And I'm not a shy person, NOR do I have social anxiety.  But it's something that just happens.  So maybe you are just focusing TOO much on what you are sounding like to others.  (if you had slurred speech for real you'd be slurring reading the book!)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: