Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Swollen lymph nodes, should i be worried?  (Read 162 times)

Offline Luscion

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Swollen lymph nodes, should i be worried?
« on: March 13, 2014, 09:59:36 PM »
I'm 18 and a bit worried over the fact that i have a swollen lymph node, i've always had one on the back of my neck, could even feel it but today its been feeling hard and bigger, i only noticed it around 5pm today..should i be worried its something serious? i also read on the forums that someone's son bad a bite on his head and a lymph node showed up. today i burst a decent sized pimple that was at the back of my head ( i have very itchy scalp), could this be the reason for it? i mean i feel fine anyways, i do have this pain in my left groin, it feels like when someone has kicked you down there but a mild version of it, it only seems to trigger when i put strain on that area my mother who's a nurse told me not to worry its probably just a strain and just wait a few days for the lymph node to go down, she emphasized on the fact that i had a physical and full blood panel test done about two months ago and says nothing serious could show up in that amount of time but sometimes you think their just telling you things to make you calm down. I wish the littlest things like this didn't get me into a panicking frenzy but i cant help it. any people with knowledge on this that could answer, i would really appreciate it :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ryze

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Swollen lymph nodes, should i be worried?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 07:40:00 PM »
I wouldn't worry about it unless it starts to bother you. I was at the doctor about 3-4 times in the last two months had blood work done and they checked my neck by the tonsils for lymph nodes and never found any. My sinus infection has gone away yet when I was rubbing my neck today it felt like the right side has a tiny lump that's a little harder while I can't even feel one on the left. Doesn't feel tender, doesn't hurt to swallow, if I didn't happen to touch my neck there I would of never noticed it. Naturally once I felt it my anxiety started going off, especially since I started taking Prevacid for some acid reflux like symptoms this morning. But I doubt it would cause just one swollen lymph node, especially after only taking my first pill about 5-6 hours ago.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: