Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Pain/Pressure in Ear and Jaw  (Read 200 times)

Offline JesserCat88

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Pain/Pressure in Ear and Jaw
« on: March 13, 2014, 08:24:41 PM »
I previously reported that I had a viral infection and my doctor's main concern was my throat, however, through all of this, my main concern was the building pressure in my left ear and jaw. After being on antibiotics for 10 days and seeing an ENT who did a hearing test and ran a tube down my throat through my nose, I was told I had nothing to worry about. But it's been 2 weeks and the pain in my ear from what feels like pressure building is becoming too much. My jaw aches and the back teeth feel like they are rotting out of my face (they are not). I was given a neck Ct Scan with Dye as well as the hearing and pressure tests at the ENT. Both came back good except I had a slightly enlarged lymph node on the left side, which my primary care physician said was normal considering I was sick. I am so worried something terrible is going on behind my ear and no one is willing to help me because I have had the tests done. I was told there is a muscle back there that could be constricted and I was given a muscle relaxer. But it's not getting any better and in fact, the pain gets worse. The times when it is at it's absolute worst is when I look down, for example to write this, I can feel the pressure building. Is this a tumor? or is it something else? Has anyone else had this feeling?
Bookmark and Share

Offline JesserCat88

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Pain/Pressure in Ear and Jaw
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 08:26:07 PM »
Also, I have bad headaches at the base of my skull everyday.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mct425

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 10:55:57 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear you're experiencing these things!  And how frustrating that even though test results come back fine, you still have symptoms.  BUT...could it be stress? :) 

I've been struggling with facial pressure since October and sometimes when its really bad, I also notice slight jaw ache and headache...classic signs of tension/stress.  And the more I worry about it and think about it (even when I try NOT to think about it) the worse it gets.  When I'm truly not thinking about it and busy with other things in life (positive things) I don't even notice it.

But I understand your worry because I, too, worry about my own pressure despite all doctors saying its fine.  I've had doctors suggest TMJ, stress, tension, and anxiety...but not one of them had a bit of concern that it was something serious.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ryze

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 08:18:15 PM »
Like mct425 said, it could most likely be from stress. I'll get headaches, nausea, ear pressure, etc. randomly throughout the day. The only thing the doctor told me was I had a sinus infection and a little fluid in my ears. Even though my sinuses have cleared up for the most part I will still get those symptoms periodically throughout the day. And just like mct425 if I don't worry about them and stay busy I won't even notice them until I stop whatever I'm doing.
Bookmark and Share

Offline gatorfan04

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2014, 11:02:10 AM »
I've been through the exact same thing.  I was finally diagnosed with TMJ disorder.  Which happened as a result of a stress and was made much worse the more I worried about a tumor that wasn't there.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: