Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Brain tumor worry  (Read 186 times)

Online bpadilla49

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Brain tumor worry
« on: March 13, 2014, 07:57:52 PM »
So I just started working out - literally for the first time in my life - yesterday.

We bought an elliptical and I did two 15 minute sessions yesterday, and 2 today. Well after my 1st session today I had a headache that started IMMEDIATELY upon getting off the machine. I looked up what headache after working out means and one thing it could mean is a brain tumor.

I still have a dull headache after taking 1 aleve and more then 7.5 hours later.

Starting to get worried about it being a tumor.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
    • Poke This Member
Re: Brain tumor worry
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 08:17:33 PM »
No..... common reasons for headaches after working out could be dehydration or incorrect breathing.   You are new to working out, you may have not been breathing correctly  (don't ask me the correct way to breathe, but that is what I've heard)
Bookmark and Share

Offline NightBlizzard

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Just Breathe
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 08:51:11 PM »
Yeah, I agree with Sun. When I first started working out (for the first time in 2 years) I felt like I was going to die. My head hurt, my chest felt heavy, I was dizzy and wanted to faint. But that's normal because your body was used to doing nothing and all of a sudden you're telling it to get up and do things!

My advice is to take it slow. Start with a few minutes a day. Like 5 minutes, than add a minute everyday. I've been doing this and am up to 12 minutes and have felt no harsh after effects because you are slowly easing into activity instead of trying to push yourself suddenly. Hope that helps!
Bookmark and Share
"Grant that my hands be steady, my aim be true, and my feet swift. And should the worst come to pass - grant me forgiveness"

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 06:30:10 AM »
Oh and I should have added that if you were on an elliptical and haven't ever done that before you could have been "holding" yourself very tensely which in turn would have tensed up your neck muscles and THAT would cause a headache.  And 15 minutes the first time??  That's a definite strain on muscles not being used to it! 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: