Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Has anyone had a Squamous cell carcinoma (SCC)  (Read 231 times)

Offline ochar2830

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Has anyone had a Squamous cell carcinoma (SCC)
« on: March 13, 2014, 07:00:44 PM »
I recently had a sore appear on the top of my forehead in mid December last year and gradually it has become a little bigger and is sore to touch but then again it is in an awkward position where I am constantly knocking it eg. sunhats, glasses, washing face etc. Visited a skin cancer doctor about 3 weeks ago now and he was unsure so took a little scrapping and sent to pathology. Results came back as no cancer and probably a keratosis a a ?? something I have never heard but benign, however, because the sore is still tender and hasn't got smaller after trying Bendatine, manuka honey, paw paw ointment if fact possible got a little bigger and quite raised. I have just started using apple cider vinegar and tea tree oil and that seems to be the best for it in ways of drying it up and making it less sore looking. Visited doctor again today because it really isn't getting smaller and is still tender. This time he took a bigger biopsy and took the core out also and then stitched it only with 2 stitches and send off to pathology. The diagnosis they originally gave can also take on the appearance of SCC and it could be that. He is just not too sure what it is until the results come back. I am only 47 and normally I am very sun conscious but not during my youth. I would appreciate any suggestions as I am terrified that it could spread and become fatal. If I had to have a diagnosis I would have been happier with BCC.
Thanks
Bookmark and Share
On a million worries I have had, only a couple of worries have ever happened to me Mark Twain

Tags: