Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Epiglottis, someone tell me...  (Read 171 times)

Offline Reallyworried93

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Epiglottis, someone tell me...
« on: March 13, 2014, 06:45:59 PM »
To stop being stupid.
Went and done the silly thing of shining a light down my throat and spotted my epiglottis (been able to see this for a few months)
I touched it a couple of times with my finger last night as I was panicking and wanted to see if it was shut... I know so stupid!!!
Could this cause epiglottis? Or would I know if I had this illness? It does look more red today but no sore throat or anything? I'm a worrier someone tell me they have the same aha
I'm definitely going to delete the flashlight ap on my phone!
I have had a cough for about a week with slight flu so idk
Btw I know that it's my epiglottis and not my uvula, it's on the very back/base of tongue and looks curved
I've stopped worrying about als and now this! It's like I have to have a worry on my mind!
Bookmark and Share

Offline ashmaster

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Epiglottis, someone tell me...
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 12:17:19 AM »
this could have been posted by me word for word. just reciently i did the SAME thing with my phone flash light app because i was having tonsil stone issues as well as a lupm in my throat issue; something that is still persisting and keeping me up at night/freaking me out. I went and looked up throat issues and one of the google pictures was the eppiglotis on someone which was really high up, I saw that and I was sooo grossed out then days later as I was prodding my tonsils and looking down my throat I SAW it! I got all freaked out pale ect, I didn't know you can see your epiglotis and still don't know that its normal? I take solice in the fact that eppiglosis seems to produce a cherry red epiglotis where as mine is a pale color, almost white. I say don't touch it but now that you have theres really nothing you can do; im sure you didn't cause any dammage other then slight irritation if anything.

Bookmark and Share

Offline terri

• Rec's: 0
  • love life
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 12:43:05 AM »
you're breathing girl -- which means it's nowhere near being closed. sounds like you;re good to go. especially since you're able to sit here and type on the forums. i know it's easier said than done, though! hope you get to feeling better about the situation
Bookmark and Share

Offline Reallyworried93

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 12:09:14 PM »
Ah thanks! Well I think it's safe to say I don't have it lol I feel so silly about be genuinely worried about this! Thank you for your help :) xxx
Bookmark and Share

Tags: