Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: women- yeast infection question  (Read 146 times)

Offline colorlessideas

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
women- yeast infection question
« on: March 13, 2014, 02:01:42 PM »
I am fairly certain I have a yeast infection because I'm currently taking two antibiotics and I often get them while on antibiotics. There's no chance I have an STD, and I had all the usual symptoms of it.

So, I did one of the over the counter treatments for 3 days, and all the symptoms seemed to clear up except for mild itchiness. However, I experienced a tremendous amount of pain when attempting intercourse. This was two days after I had completed the treatment.

I am not having any other symptoms now. Should I just wait awhile before having sex? Try another over the counter treatment that's longer than 3 days? Or should I try to go to the GYNO?

I stupidly read about untreated yeast infections leading to severe pelvic infection. Why do I do that to myself?  :angry:

Bookmark and Share
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.

Offline NightBlizzard

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Just Breathe
    • Poke This Member
Re: women- yeast infection question
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 05:56:23 PM »
I would suggest waiting for a bit longer. Yeast Infections can last a long time (the first time I suffered one it lasted for 3 weeks and was easily one of the worst things I've had to endure.)

My suggestion to you in order to get better as quickly as possible is get anti-itching cream, wipes, and while you're home alone? Go commando (I'm not even joking  :laugh3:), I would also suggest eating lots of yogurt to get your probiotics back up to where your body can take care of the yeast infection on it's own.
Bookmark and Share
"Grant that my hands be steady, my aim be true, and my feet swift. And should the worst come to pass - grant me forgiveness"

Offline bpadilla49

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 08:02:07 PM »
I would go to the OBGYN tomorrow (before the weekend) and get an Rx for diflucan - it's one little pill that you take and it clears it up right away - no itching or burning. Best option ever.
Bookmark and Share

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 09:39:10 PM »
The mild itchiness might clear up in a couple days. You probably attempted sex way too soon, though. Yeast infections can reaaaally dry you out, and you have to give it time. A week of pelvic rest is not a bad idea.

Yeast infections rarely cause further problems. You're not going to get Pelvic Inflammatory Disease from a yeast infection. Your vagina ALWAYS has yeast in it. It's when it grows over that the infection happens. If it really could cause that problem, women would be in a lot worse shape, way more often. A lot of times the body can even correct the imbalance of yeast on its own! (I don't recommend using that approach, though.)

I'd say if it isn't better by Monday, and since the first OTC treatment didn't work, go to your GYN. It could be that the strain of yeast is different from what the OTC treats, the OTC wasn't strong enough, etc.

Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Tags: