Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Acoustic Neuroma?? (Brain tumor in ear)  (Read 324 times)

Offline mct425

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Acoustic Neuroma?? (Brain tumor in ear)
« on: March 13, 2014, 10:59:09 AM »
Okay, so I think I may have sunk to an all time "worry" low on this and need help :(

I've been having facial pressure/tingling since October-I've been told it's sinus pressure (although sinus ct was clear) and stress/tension.
At one point I was having tension type headaches every day.  I was told it was stress, so started focusing on stress rather than brain tumor.  Headaches are pretty much gone.

BUT...during one of my brain tumor google sessions a few months ago I came across "acoustic neuroma" and blew it off as I didn't have any symptoms.  Unfortunately, I started wondering if my right ear was feeling fuller...and have been wondering ever since.

Is it possible to worry about a plugged ear to the point that it actually FEELS plugged but not really have one?

DH says if I had an ear tumor, I wouldn't be wondering if I had a plugged ear, I would KNOW something wasn't right.

But then I googled acoustic neuroma again, and it said when the tumor gets large enough it can press on facial nerves causing weakness, numbness, and tingling!!!!!  I do have facial pressure and some tingling...could this be the reason? 

So do I go to a doctor for an ear exam now and express my newest worry-that I think I've narrowed my brain tumor worry down to "acoustic neuroma?" 

Bookmark and Share

Offline mct425

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Acoustic Neuroma?? (Brain tumor in ear)
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 03:29:02 PM »
Anyone?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Egg

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 05:51:12 PM »
I know someone who is being treated for an acoustic neuroma (which, by the way, is very treatable), and this person's symptoms don't sound like yours.  I won't go into too much detail, because if you are anything like me you will initially feel relieved, then start conjuring those symptoms a few months from now  :spineyes:, but suffice to say that it doesn't sound like what my acquaintance experienced.

I hope this helps!
Bookmark and Share

Offline mct425

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 10:58:10 AM »
Thank you Egg!!

That made me feel much better :)

Deep down I know that the chances of this being something sinister are remote, but when symptoms keep persisting it makes you wonder.  I have had a bad cough/cold the past few weeks, so perhaps that is playing into this, too.  Like my DH said, if it were a tumor causing symptoms, you wouldn't wonder if you had symptoms, you would KNOW! 

So back to focusing on this being stress/tension related :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: