Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Very scary symptoms, cold extremities  (Read 164 times)

Offline Alphaba79

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sick
    Sick
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Very scary symptoms, cold extremities
« on: March 12, 2014, 11:59:33 PM »
To make a long story shorter, I am very freaked out by my current symptoms. I just came back from a trip overseas visiting my husband (India). Having HA, going to India always makes me anxious, but this trip was very important and had to be made.
While in India, I visited 2 hospitals after feeling very ill. They ran all the standard tests (CBC, blood glucose, EKG) as well as some additional tests for tropical diseases. Everything came back normal except for white cell count which the doctor determined to be food borne illness. This is very common for me and happens on almost every trip I take to India. I try to be careful and prefer to eat my husband's and in law's cooking but this trip, staying in a hotel and eating out was necessary.
The hospital visit freaked me out because Indian hospitals don't have the same standards as US hospitals such as wearing gloves when drawing blood. Even though I watched them open new equipment and syringes I still felt unsure if they were "clean".
Now I'm back home and I am experiencing strange symptoms such as a persistent cold and burning sensation in my extremities. I don't have a fever or chills and my skin is not cold to the touch. I've developed a head cold as well and I'm wondering if the cold extremities are correlated. I also woke up and had a strange blotchy rash on both ankles. Naturally, I convinced myself I am dying and thought either bacterial meningitis or sepsis. I worried myself so sick that I went to the ER where another CBC was done which came back normal. The doctor also ordered a thyroid test and blood culture test and I won't get the results of those for several days. I am still thoroughly freaked out, sure I have sepsis, meningitis or some other fatal disease. I'm so sick and panicked now I don't know what to do!
Bookmark and Share

Offline AP151

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Stop just existing, live while you can!
    • Poke This Member
Re: Very scary symptoms, cold extremities
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 12:13:34 AM »
The cold and burning sensations could very easily be from you stressing and worrying so much. That's more than likely the case. The head cold could also very well be just that, a head cold. You're going to be okay.
Bookmark and Share
"To live is rarest thing in the world. Most just simply exist." - Oscar Wilde

"Don't take life so seriously, nobody makes it out alive anyway."

Offline Alphaba79

Sick
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 02:27:53 PM »
Thanks for your reply.

I had the cold/burning sensations throughout the night but they appear to be waning today. I feel itchy and tingling in my face. My head cold has improved a lot but my stomach is still very upset.
I'm thinking now the cold/burning sensations are lingering effects of the medications given to me in India. I am back to a single pill a day (omeprazole) and trying to get over the jet lag.
I am still very worried about my blood culture tests. Only 2 more days to sit and sweat it out! Gosh I hate this waiting game!
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 03:15:20 PM »
If you were septic or had meningitis, you would be extremely ill.  Jet lag can really make you feel out of it too.  I always feel depressed and strange after we get back from visiting my in laws in Lebanon.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Alphaba79

Sick
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 03:25:07 PM »
If you were septic or had meningitis, you would be extremely ill.  Jet lag can really make you feel out of it too.  I always feel depressed and strange after we get back from visiting my in laws in Lebanon.

Thanks for the reply. I've had meningitis on my mind since a local girl just died from bacterial meningitis. Also a friend of mine recently contracted it but she made a full recovery. Meningitis has always been my greatest health worry! Sepsis is a close second.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: