Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: FULL PANIC! Was referred to a gastro and recommends an ultrasound and endoscopy.  (Read 720 times)

Offline jvrbax

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Thank you sun and scared for the insightful replies.

I would have never thought that you guys had it that worse before. I am glad everything came back fine. It gives me hope.

I am really just hoping for an anxiety diagnosis or at the most, a mild case of gastritis. Sun, did the doctor diagnose your pain as anxiety?

Funny though, I sort of feel better today.

I went to have a second opinion today and the doctor said that it's still a good idea to have an endoscopy to know whether if it's an ulcer or gastritis, ulcer, or reflux. All three conditions have the same symptoms according to her.

She did prescribe me 10 20mg omeprazole again. She said that it's perfectly okay to take these even after a month. She said it's for me to take as I wait out for a GI doctor to come help me. She did say that it should be the final dosage unless told by a GI doctor.

I am thinking of waiting it out another week since I am feeling better. I don't want to eat my words too soon though. :(

Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 28
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
    • Poke This Member
No, he didn't say anything about anxiety.  He just said there was nothing wrong at all and my stomach looked very healthy.
Bookmark and Share

Offline jvrbax

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Thanks, sun. It's relieving to know that your tummy was all fine!

If anybody else can relate with my problem, I'd appreciate your thoughts very much. I'm thinking of going to the GI doctor next week when I am ready. :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline CrazyQuacker75

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I wouldn't worry either cancer in the stomach and esophagus is pretty rare, an I'm pretty sure un heard of in people under thirty from the stuff that I looked at (I've had this fear for a short while also), It seems like the doc is just giving you some peace of mind. Also the fact that the omeprazole helped at all is a pretty good indication that it isn't serious. I was having wicked reflux (started my own fears), and it took me about 2 months on omeprazole and a tum or two after every meal for it to go away. My advice is watch what you eat for the time being it will only make the process smother and quicker. I'm 20 btw and I believe my reflux was brought on by anxiety and some left over poor eating habits  :spineyes:
Hoped this helped, and your test come back squeaky clean! have a good one!  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
In the race against myself

Offline jvrbax

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi quacker, thank you for replying.

Have you had any endoscopy tests too?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: