Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I can't live like this anymore.... So god damn painful  (Read 633 times)

Offline DeLellis123

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I can't live like this anymore.... So god damn painful
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2014, 01:38:57 PM »
Idk wtf to do this is awful
Bookmark and Share

Offline Dudeyys

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2014, 02:08:26 PM »
Benzo paradox is actually really common. You aren't going to die or have a seizure. Look up flumazanil. It is a benzo antagonist and there is lots of success for rapid benzo detox. Just something to check out. Go admit yourself to a psychiatric hospital and there they can help you. Effexor may not even be the best med for you. They may want to try other meds. Take a leap of faith and get yourself some help bro. I know you're scared. You WILL be ok man.
Bookmark and Share

Offline DeLellis123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2014, 03:59:45 PM »
I was on it for 6 years and did great I'm just hoping it works this time.
Bookmark and Share

Offline liveitup898

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2014, 06:31:36 PM »
The way I see it is you have 2 choices. You can quit, throw in the towel and let this thing win... Or you dig deep and FIGHT. You came here seeking answers. Most of us can relate to you which is why we want to help. We can't do it for you though. We can only support you through this battle. You have a long road ahead and if you want your life back you may have to fight tooth and nail but it will be worth it. You may have a mental illness but the illness isn't you. It doesn't define you. You and you alone dictate your future not this sickness. Fight man. Your family doesn't get it? Pitty on them. They need to be educated and shown you can't control how you are feeling and that it isn't your fault. I may not know you but you are a fellow human being and I care about you and don't want to see you suffer any longer. I know you have fight in you or you wouldn't have even come here. If you are afraid of doing this alone message me. I'll be your friend. I'll understand. I wont grow tired of you because I know. Trust me, I know. I also know you can be helped and this doesn't have to be forever. So get help immediately. Not tomorrow. Not next week. NOW! And keep us posted man.

excellent post.
Bookmark and Share
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Offline london23

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2014, 08:52:49 PM »
hey, i completely understand, there was a phase where i was like this too..what you need to know now..is that because ur at rock bottom..things can only get better from here..the only way is up...embrace and dont be afraid of your symptoms..u can get help but u will only surpass this on your own free will. My best advice to you is this...stop thinking about things, stop caring about health or dying...go out there one day at a time and stop giving a ***** about all worthless crap thats making you feel like this..sit down somewhere in public and take a look at people..one by one...and ull finally realize and laugh to yourself and see..that we are all the same..all with problems..but we all get on with life..i hope this inspires you
Bookmark and Share
If my advice has helped you then please leave me a rec.

Offline nomoretears

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2014, 07:10:15 PM »
Benzos are better if taken during emergency panic attack, they are short term relief that's best to take at the end of the day if you feel you need them to help you sleep, even then I wouldn't rely on them for getting to sleep.

Really you can take as many pills as you want for anxiety but they can only fight half your battle, they can relieve anxiety of a ome of its symptoms, but the rest is up to you.

It really helps to understand anxiety triggers, something is making you feel this stressed, so try and take some time to write in a journal about what is upsetting you.

If you want to ween off the benzo you're taking, just ask your doctor for advice on how to do so, they can help.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Ssssslytherin

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
fear of being alone
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2014, 02:53:26 AM »
I'm afraid to be alone

I understand the feeling of being fearful of solitude. I have it pretty constantly, to the point where I just adopted a fourth house pet and am uncomfortable staying in any room without a radio or book-on-tape.

I know it's little help right now, while you're in what's clearly a BAD place, but maybe when you feel better, you can practice some strategies for feeling safe when you're alone. Something I've been doing lately is, thinking of all the friends or total strangers who are sending me good thoughts at the moment.

My friend who is a religious monotheist likes to draw emotional strength from all the thousands of people in her faith who are praying for the weak/lonely/sad at any given moment. If you are NOT religious, think instead about the thousands of people who are doing what's called a "Loving-Kindness" meditation right now. At any moment, tons of meditation practitioners are thinking kind, loving, caring thoughts and imagining that they're sending them to people like us, who need it. It doesn't matter that they don't know our names or we don't know theirs. What matters is that part of their practice is to CARE about every person who's suffering.

For me, personally, it makes me feel a little less alone. And, of course, there's this huge discussion board full of fellow anxiety-heads.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: